News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philadelphia, OH KD June 25-26, 2022 - AAR

Started by Charley, June 27, 2022, 06:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

What a weekend of learning and camaraderie at Tusco Rifle Club in New Philadelphia, OH for the first KD of 2022!

We had a great group of eager learners ready to put their skills to the test. We had a student from Pennsylvania join us and instructors from Ohio, Pennsylvania and Kentucky with us for the weekend!

Saturday started warm and the temps continued to climb throughout the day but these shooters didn't let that deter them. We completed 2 AQTs on Saturday not knowing what the ever changing weather (and forecast) would bring for Sunday. We minted 3 new KD Rifleman! Rich AKA Tick Magnet scored a 47/50 the first AQT just missing that Distinguished patch. After the second AQT he was able to join our list of distinguished KD Rifleman scoring a 49/50! Joining him was his friend Chris scoring a 47/50 and Scott scoring a 41/50 and officially becoming a Rifleman!

Sunday brought cooler temperatures but higher humidity as storms were predicted for the day. We completed 2 more AQTs before the thunderstorms found us and we packed up for the day. Sunday Rich followed up his rifleman score with a 48/50 and we had several knock on that rifleman door just not get it open.

Great job to everyone! Keep practicing those skills and we'll see you at the next KD!

Huge thank you to all the instructors for making the journey to help out. Dond, EZ3, Doc Willi and Master Chief helped make this event successful. Another huge thank you to Tusco Rifle Club for hosting us and graciously providing lunch a delicious meal on Saturday. Without your support events like this would not be possible.

EZ3

The weather was brutal Saturday, but the company was great!  Tusco is truly a gem among Appleseed ranges.   O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Ohio Piper

This was my third or fourth Appleseed event and I'm hooked.  I've shot rimfire at Orwell, Ohio, a couple times and Tick Magnet (Rich) told me about this event.  Glad I went.  Met a bunch of great people. 

Charley

We were glad to meet you and have you at the event!

When is your next event?  I have a Blue or Orange Hat with your name on it  ;D

Or we can discuss it sooner  :)

Quote from: Ohio Piper on June 27, 2022, 07:34:40 PM
This was my third or fourth Appleseed event and I'm hooked.  I've shot rimfire at Orwell, Ohio, a couple times and Tick Magnet (Rich) told me about this event.  Glad I went.  Met a bunch of great people.

Charley

Some photos from our weekend

Charley

Our Rifleman from the weekend  ^:)^

Crazyduckhunter

Looks like this was a good event.

Hey I recognize some repeat offenders that have shot at Orwell 25 meter events....Glad you guys were able to get to a KD.

Ramblin' Wreck

Looks like a great event. I hope you had a ride to the target line to check holes. I counted steps once at a paper KD we did where we didn't have a ride and over 2 days we walked nearly 5 miles. Fortunately it was in the fall.

One question about the shooter with the bipod; was the lead sled too heavy to bring?  ;D
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Mrs. Smith

Woo hoo!

I do love to see adaptive students on the line! We've got something for everyone.  Great job, Ohio!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

EZ3

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on July 01, 2022, 02:14:40 PM
Woo hoo!

I do love to see adaptive students on the line! We've got something for everyone.  Great job, Ohio!

;D  Well, that wasn't exactly the case.  More like training wheels (no offense).  My bet is he'll be back with a sling to go for his KD bar.

Google

There's a saying in our neck of the woods: 
"Anyone can shoot until you fold up the bipod"  ;D
Attributed to Mrs. Wreck

Corvette

Ramblin Wreck,

No, I don't own a lead sled.  But, the reason I attended this event was to spend two days working out dope on my M1A as a target rifle and to work on the validity of the BDC features of my scope at various distances.  I achieved these goals.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

Ooops!

I thought everybody was talking about Chuck.  I'd forgotten Corvette was on a bipod too!  For mostly the same reasons.  But, you know how it is with those "retired" guys.  Let me tell ya, it was TOUGH pushing his wheelchair out to the 400 yard target line so he could tape his shot holes!    >:D

Corvette

EZ3, the push was much appreciated.   ;D  Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!