News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell OH 6/25-6/26 pistol clinic

Started by cwcdl79, June 27, 2022, 08:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwcdl79

Huzzah! What a great weekend spent at the Orwell gun club. The weather was beautiful, the camaraderie warm, the mosquitoes beaten back, and the action fast.

Six shooters joined us on the line after reviewing the safe pistol and how to make their pistols safe. The Saturday morning redcoat showed that we had a bit of work to do, so off to instruction central we went. After some steady hold factors, six steps, and several drills, it was time off to warm up our pistols.

Sunday morning broke with the threat of storms off in the distance, but five our our shooters returned allowing a couple of instructors to try their hand at the pqt. After seven pqt's we had one shooter cross that line and join the Pistoleerâ„¢ ranks. Congratulations mike!
After a fast round of king of the mountain on the dueling tree (mike yet again) we shot the afternoon redcoat where Mike cleared it and (finally) got his highly coveted Ohio patch.
The line was broken down quickly right before the rains came and everything stowed.
A special thanks to John for helping out with understanding vision and proper glasses for several people. It was truly "eye opening ".
And finally, thanks to gmjoe and crazyduckhunter for your help.
Until next time,

:pics:

Corvette

Looks like a great event.  Thanks to the club for hosting us and congrats to all the shooters and instructors on running a fantastic Appleseed Pistol Clinic event. Huzzah!!!   Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Events at Orwell are always so much fun and this was no exception. Great group of people.

Talking with the eye doctor was extremely eye opening. This was the first time that I have ever shot this course of fire and lo and behold I cannot see the front sight clearly on a pistol. A couple of years ago I purchased a set of glasses that I use exclusively for rifle shooting that enable me to clearly see the front sight. These glasses do not work so good with a pistol. And, neither do my everyday glasses that have progressive readers. We all know what happens when you cannot clearly see the front sight.......

cwcdl79

A few pictures from the weekend

Charles McKinley

CDH, you join the 21st Century and buy a red dot and join the rest of us geezers!  I'm fond of the Primary Arms Vulcan ACSS reticle in the Holosun.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery