News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monticello, MN AAR - June 18-19, 2022

Started by ProudPapa14, June 19, 2022, 09:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProudPapa14

The MN crew had the pleasure of hosting two new Appleseeders and a pair of returning participants to a unusually warm 2-day Appleseed event at Monticello Sportsmen Club.  The range hosted us and a precision rimfire event so we had a little opportunity to see what each was about.  Thank you to MSC for hosting us.

Joe, Jack, Matt, and Forest - thank you for spending the weekend with us, hearing about our heritage and founding fathers and learning a little bit about preserve.  Joe and Forest - both of you were one or two hits away from getting that elusive riflemen's score.  Both of you showed determination in the heat and humidity to persevere.  Continue to practice and you'll soon earn those rifleman patches.

Matt and Jack - we missed you on Sunday.  I look forward to seeing both of you at future events.  Jack you are making great progress in learning your rifle and improving your scores.  Matt - equipment issues are always a let down and not being able to complete the event with your rifle stings.  I hope we'll see you back later this year with equipment that is fully operational.

I will post some pictures after I get them uploaded to an image site. 

Instructors - thank you for all that you did this weekend to keep the event on track and make it successful.

Two instructors re-qualified again this year, another was able to get close with a new rifle and new red-dot optic. 

ProudPapa14

Congratulations to attist178 on the completion of your IPC:

Group Photo from Sunday (unfortunately I didn't get one on Saturday):

Prone:

Standing:

Saturday AQT Stage 4:

Story Time with Tim:

Roberts68

Great to be on the line with you all this weekend and congratulations to Attist!

Happy Father's Day to all the Father's out there!

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Captain

Looks like you all found the perfect way to spend Father's Day! Wish I could have attended.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

mnjoe

M14man

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death; If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive…" â€"Harriet Tubman

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

If we cease to assert Our rights we shall dwindle into supineness and the chains of slavery shall be fast rivetted upon us
-Samuel Whittemore