News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas IBC/RBC AAR June2022

Started by M1bzrk, June 16, 2022, 09:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Howdy Folks - Another giant IBC/RBC in Douglas Wyoming!
Perhaps not excessive numbers - but great in enthusiasm and willingness to travel.  Pete returned from Michigan; Will and myself from Wyoming; George from Iowa; Rob from Arkansas and DeAnna and Noah from Hawaii!

Fort Fetterman Sportsmans Association graciously loaned us their clubhouse in Douglas for the IBC on 04-05 June.   We all honed our skills and DeAnna and Noah ("The Hawaiians", AKA Pineappleseed and vertrouwen) soaked it all up.  Their goal is to carry the message back to Hawaii and build an Appleseed presence there.  HUZZAH! for Patriots.

The RBC was spent at the range south of Douglas.  We used the 100 yd range for all our instruction, except for actual known distance, when we went to the 600 yard range.
Three folks shot Morgan's Shingle at 250 yds - two from prone and one standing.
George regaled us one night with pulled pork and coleslaw.  A veritable feast.  Not bad for a Yankee!!
DeAnna and Noah had to catch a plane on Wednesday and missed the afternoon of the KD.  I'm sure if they'd stayed,they would have qualified.  Their enthusiasm is infectious and we expect great things from Hawaii.

All said, it was a week of successful Instruction, Marksmanship and Patriotism.  Thank you all. 
Colonial shooter is smiling!

Sorry, don't know why I posted this under IAARs, but here it is...

Mrs. Smith

That sounds awesome, Berk!!! 

But you know what they say...

:pics:

I KNOW Captain got some  ;) He always does!

Would you be so kind as to post your successful Morgan's Shingle shooters to the Shingle roster, so I can make them Official?  Thanks so much!  https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=59673.0

Sam would be so happy  :1luvu

Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Ridge Walker

The Captain tries out the open sights of an awesome Rock River service rifle

Sage advice

All the way from Hawaii

This is what a Master looks like. First shot of the morning on the shingle at 250 yards. "Prone position"??? Nahhh, no time for that. Shot fired. HIT! That's how you do it. Legendary.
Live Free or Die!!!

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

"Honor, justice, and humanity, forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us. We cannot endure the infamy and guilt of resigning succeeding generations to that wretchedness which inevitably awaits them if we basely entail hereditary bondage on them." â€"Thomas Jefferson (1775)