News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio Lost A Great Instructor

Started by Charley, May 17, 2022, 06:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

It's with a heavy heart I announce the passing of William "Pat" McNally, Shadowmanlo66. Pat was great supporter of Appleseed and joined the instructor ranks in February 2020 after earning a Rifleman score during a Winterseed. Pat started coming to events with his cousin and fellow instructor Cactus Jack. Pat will be greatly missed in Ohio.

Obituary Link

Charles McKinley

God's speed Sir!  Prayers for the family and loved ones.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

malabar

Just "damn."

tk

Quote from: Charley on May 17, 2022, 06:47:56 PM
It's with a heavy heart I announce the passing of William "Pat" McNally, Shadowmanlo66. Pat was great supporter of Appleseed and joined the instructor ranks in February 2020 after earning a Rifleman score during a Winterseed. Pat started coming to events with his cousin and fellow instructor Cactus Jack. Pat will be greatly missed in Ohio.

Obituary Link
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Cadence

As I recall, Pat discovered that he had stage 4 cancer right after accepting an orange hat.

Despite the diagnosis and complications from the chemo treatments, he attended several events and did whatever he could to help out. He will be greatly missed on the line.

Rest in peace brother. At least now you are out of pain and in the arms of fellow fallen patriots.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

RIP Pat,

Pat was the essence of persistence. It took a  number of events for him to get out his own way to finally shoot the score. He then gladly stepped up to to help. He will be missed.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Going to miss Pat very much. Always a friendly smile at each and every event. Such a just all around good guy. RIP brother. See you on the line in the sky someday.
CDH

T. WOLF

Very sorry to hear this.  We never had the opportunity to meet - but condolences to all who knew him.

And damn, this is admirable:

Quote from: Cadence on May 18, 2022, 11:04:29 AM
As I recall, Pat discovered that he had stage 4 cancer right after accepting an orange hat. Despite the diagnosis and complications from the chemo treatments, he attended several events and did whatever he could to help out.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780