News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed Charlottesville, VA May 7&8, 2022

Started by OddsREven, May 11, 2022, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddsREven

We had another weekend of fun in the rain and wind at Rivanna Rifle & Pistol Club.  Six ladies (4 returning, 2 new) committed their Mother's Day Weekend to shooting with Ladyseed. You might know that it would turn cool and rainy for the weekend, but canopies and layers of clothing fixed that.  Among the instructor cadre we had two orange hats.  Faithoverfear is being promoted the IIT4 and Impossible Girl to IIT2 based on their work this weekend.  We are looking forward to welcoming both to the Red Hat instructors soon. 

I was so excited to see how much the shooters improved this weekend.  It's always a pleasure to work with these folks who are so eager to enjoy each other's company while they improve their rifle shooting skills.  One participant in particular made it her goal to get to know the operation of her new bolt action rifle.  She went from awkward manipulation of the bolt and trigger while staying on target to handling the rifle with authority and confidence! She almost cleared the final redcoat (one dropped shot)! Others set their own personal objectives and were able to meet them.  We have a couple of ladies "sniffing the Rifleman patch".  Can't wait for them to accomplish it. (Personally I'm hoping they will join our instructors as orange or red hats, but don't tell them that yet.)

The first Redcoat of the weekend gave us 6 shooters who shot: 2 for the 100 and 2 for the 200.  By Sunday end-of-day the count was: 6 for the 100; 3 for the 200; 0 for the 300; 1 for the 400; and 1 shingle.  Great improvement!

I am looking forward to seeing many of these dedicated ladies at our next LS event in Mechanicville!  Great Job!!!!

Mrs. Smith

Well done Virginia!!! And on Mom's Day!

Let's see those pictures ðŸ"·ðŸ˜
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

JustKim

What a great way to spend Mothers' Day weekend!  Great to see the multiple successful Ladyseeds!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

misawa

Some pics I have from the weekend...

Getting started with the safety briefing

Demonstration of loop sling and prone position

Talking through natural point of aim

Coaching a shooter through different seated positions

Third strike (with some family in attendance)

Wrapping up the events of April 19th

Messer

Another Great Appleseed event at RRPC!

Many thanks to all of the instructors for making it Safe, Informative & FUN.

To all of the participants, I hope you enjoyed your time with us. I had a lot of fun working with all of you. (even if I did have to make coffee!  ;) )

I hope to see you on the range again.

Stay Vigilant,
Bob S.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.