News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monticello, MN AAR - April 30-May 1, 2022 - Instructor Boot Camp

Started by Maximum Ordinate, May 06, 2022, 08:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

When the subject of an IBC in Minnesota came up, ProudPapa14 told me, "I think we can probably get about 6 people."

Turns out, he more than doubled that!  Almost all of the Minnesota crew was in attendance plus folks from Wisconsin and northern Illinois!  Fifteen in total coming together to learn how to be a more effective instructor.  It was good to see so many orange hats attending an IBC so early in their Appleseed journey!

On Friday, some of us gthered for an opportunity to requalify in the wind and the spitting rain.

Saturday morning might have been chilly and damp, but the fires of Liberty burned bright at the Monticello Sportsman Club.  You know that the club supports Appleseed when the club President is a volunteer!   ^:)^

After some introductions, we dove into instruction.  We learned about the Mission of Appleseed, how to be most effective, and our part in it.  Lunch came quicker than anyone expected and we talked about effectively and passionately sharing our heritage.  The Destroyer did a great job with the smoked meat - everyone enjoyed the feast assembled by him and his dad PP14.  Following lunch, we got back to teaching marksmanship.

We gathered at the Monticello VFW for dinner.  We had a special guest - LibertysGal, the retired Minnesota SC.  It was great to catch up with her!

Sunday morning came way too early, but everyone was smiling and engaged.  We got back into our small groups and did more practical exercises.  Then, we dedicated time to learn how to teach Inches-Minutes-Clicks with simplicity and precision.  Of course, at lunch we heard some great history during our History Drill! 

Our final topic of the weekend was coaching.  For many, this class and exercise is the highlight of the weekend.

We "officially" closed out the weekend by handing out a couple of shiny new Orange Hats and conducting a graduation ceremony... but some folks wanted to stay late and learn about teaching KD... so we did!

A few personal comments:
Splithand and mnjoe - sorry we missed you this weekend!
Plinker300 and Firestick - welcome to the cadre!
MLAC & 22Salty - remember, a Rifleman persists.  Keep up the good work!
Roberts68 (MSC President) - thanks for your club's continued support!
attist178 & The Destroyer - looking forward to seeing you guys rocking Red Hats very soon!
Leadlined and M14man - thanks for stepping up as small group leads.  I hope to see both of you wearing green soon!
Red Mama Bear, IronMike, Theokestral, and Taylor - thank you for making the long trip from Wisconsin!
ProudPapa14 - thank you for your leadership in Minnesota.  Keep up the good work!

To everyone who attended - keep practicing at home - that'll help you develop and maintain the skills you need to grow the program and light brushfires in the hearts and minds of Americans.

It was a great weekend meeting everyone at Monticello 4-22!  Minnesota has a bright future!!

In Liberty,
MO

P.S.  No AAR is complete without pics... here's a few!

Group pics... musical photographers!

Firestick accepting an orange hat

Plinker accepting an orange hat

Smiling faces
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

attist

4-22!

What a great weekend, practicing our freedoms with our brothers & sisters in Liberty.

The instruction was better than I could have hoped, and I can't wait to apply learnings in to a better experience for our students.

-Attist
Duluth, MN w/ Martin & RustyRed - 1st Rifleman
Monticello, MN w/ Trig & LGLDLR - Orange Hat...
Monticello, MN w/ ProudPapa14 - Instructor PC!

Eagle Keeper

I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

Taylor

It was a great weekend of shared camaraderie and focus on simplicity/precision in our instruction.

Thank you Monticello SC for hosting this IBC.

Thank you MO for presenting the best IBC that I have attended in my experience.

Mike/Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Captain

This looks like it was a fantastic event. Minnesota is on a roll!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan