News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bonfield IL, April 23/24-22

Started by Chewie, May 05, 2022, 01:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

Huzzah!!!

Not only sold out but 3 walk ons as well. So 23 shooters graced the ISRA (thank you to them for hosting our event). Saturday was beautiful amazing weather and shooters just kept going. One new Rifleman Saturday, and 3 on Sunday!!!! This group showed up ready to learn about marksmanship and history. Many first timers to the shoot and they were listening to each word of the strikes. Thanks to the great crew that helped out Shooter-30-06, AK, WarriorPoet, El Chuy (something), Trailmix on Sunday and all the way from New York NYtro! Was truly an awesome weekend I enjoyed it immensely and I know the shooters did too. Just want to add 9 under 18 on the line wow we were busy on the kids end of the line but most of them stuck with it the whole weekend, even on Sunday when it was sooooooooooo wet and wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the targets would not stay on the target backers we finally had to call it quits early Sunday PM when the all the AQTs blew off before we even got back to the firing line. Overall still a great time and looking forward to the next one.

Oh yeah, 1 new Red Hat for IL and an Orange Hat all in the same household, HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Pictures to come!
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Aperture8152

This was my first Appleseed event. Thank you to Chewey and all of the instructors for sharing your time and knowledge with all of us. I had a great weekend. I've really only been plinking in the backyard since I got out of the Marine Corps, so this was a great refresher of my marksmanship skills.. The instruction reminds me of an abbreviated version of USMC marksmanship training. All of the instructors were very knowledgeable, patient, and professional. Everyone on the line around me seemed to achieve  significant improvement from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon. The instructors were very perceptive as to what each shooter needed to work on to perfect their technique and improve. I was able to achieve my Rifleman designation and I got the "bug" to participate in some more Appleseed events. I've been telling anyone who is interested about Project Appleseed. Hats off to Chewey and all of the instructors for a great and safe weekend! Well done!

SteelThunder

Well done all!  Great to see the liberty-minded folks in Illinois!
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Stanimal

Great event!

This was my second Appleseed. I attended the same location September 2021 for my first.

As Aperture8152 said, wonderful training delivered in patient, experienced, & professional manner. A very safety-focused event with an enjoyable mix of learning, history, & fun.

Extra large THANK YOU to Chewey, Shooter-30-06, AK, WarriorPoet, Trailmix, NYtro, ISRA, and anyone else I'm missing (I'm not sure of all for the forum names, I'm mostly copying from the AAR). Also attempting to attach some pictures from Sunday, April 24, 2022. Please let me know if any issues with the attachments.

Paladin223

First off would like to thank the ISRA range for their support of Appleseed.

Second would like to thank this incredible crew of instructors.  They are some of the best in the Appleseed program.  It is amazing how they were able to work through the many points of instruction so effectively and quickly.  Even though the info was flowing full blast from the fire hose individual guidance was readily available to those that needed it.

Third congratulation to all the young shooters on the line.  You all showed great progress and the all important desire to learn.  And my respect goes to their parents who took the time and effort to bring their young ones out to learn marksmanship and Revolutionary War history.

And last, congratulations to those who earned their Patriot's Day rifleman's patch. I know how great it feels to get all the steps of shooting together and get the score.  A special salute to a young lady I was able to get to know a little this weekend.  Isabella came to her first Appleseed with her father, her first time using a rifle, and later in the day a borrowed rifle at that --scored (I believe a 225) on a wet and very windy Sunday.  A lady who knows very much what she is about

Chewie and crew---a job well done!!!.

AK

Great weekend. Congratulations to all our new Riflemen and new red hat. Here are my pictures.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

AK

I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

T. WOLF

Wow, this looks like it was an awesome event!  Nicely done, Illinois! 
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Paladin223

Due to a possible emergency at home, I had to leave a little early on Sunday.  Unfortunately an important part of the weekend was missed.

I want to offer hearty CONGRATULATIONS to El Chupacabra for his Red Hat and to his daughter for taking an orange hat. A very solid Appleseed family.

And thanks Ryan for the NASCAR fast tire change so I could get on my way.

Look forward to seeing both of you down the Appleseed trail.