News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jonesboro 4/30/22-4/31/22

Started by Great grandson of liberty, May 02, 2022, 12:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great grandson of liberty

I attended my first Appleseed event with my daughter. I just wanted to thank everyone involved with instructing and planning this event! I mainly attended this event for my daughter, as I feel it is every Americans duty to at least be competent with firearms. I have shot a good bit with her chipmunk 22 and made sure she respected firearms and would be safe. All the instructors really went the extra mile to make sure she enjoyed herself and left eager to learn more. In all honesty she was a little too young to be able to hold the positions, but they got support bags and helped her every step of the way.  I am really into shooting, handloading, and hunting and really hope she shares this same enthusiasm. I do not want to push her too hard and make her not want to shoot. We did leave early because she was getting tired a little frustrated and I did not want her to have a bad experience.  I am in the process of getting a back surgery and could not finish the shooting part, but I picked up a lot, I have gotten away from sling shooting and some of the basics but I know this will have improved my shooting ability. This class really served its purpose and we spent several hours online planning her next rifle! I will recommend this to every shooter I know, and it sounds like there will be more events in Jonesboro. I really look forward to attending a kd when I get my back in good shape, I love shooting steel at distance. And I will earn my rifleman's patch once I can stay in position without wanting to cry. Thanks again to everyone who made this event happen.