News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

L.E. Duncan's Rainbow Shooting Club - Rainbow, CA 2022-04-23 - Event ID: 8324

Started by kmkahuna, April 25, 2022, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmkahuna

L.E. Duncan's Rainbow Shooting Club - Rainbow, CA 2022-04-23 - Event ID: 8324

The April shoot for the SOCAL areas was a great success, with 17 shooters on the line, our newcomers and return shooters alike,  ranging from 12 years old to 77!
Weather was blustery, beautiful and clear skies for the whole weekend.
The entire line was .22lr rimfire, with mostly scopes but a few iron sights were used as well.
Our Memorial volley went quite well, and the telling of "The Three Strikes" generated a lot of interest and motivation!  We were able to finish up Saturday with 2 AQTS. Sunday saw 15 return shooters, and another 6 AQTs completed, for a total round count of about 490 for the weekend.
Congratulations to Brandon, a return shooter from Piru, who ended up shooting FOUR Rifleman scores in a row!  Well done!
As is typical of the hot, sunny days here in SOCAL, We ended the day with 8 shooters on the line, who we appreciate so much for sticking it out, not giving up on that elusive rifleman score, and helping us clean the range at the end.  Thank you to all of you who stuck around.
Welcome back to  fellow instructor Joseph, forum name "Leonidas" after a hiatus from the program as an "inactive instructor"  Leonidas will be joining the Rainbow cadre of Project Appleseed instructors and did a wonderful job on the line and calling the line boss after a short training session.
All in all, a very wonderful weekend, thanks to our great instructors, and our fellow patriots who showed up and spent two days in the dirt with us at Rainbow Gun Range!   If any of our shooters are here on the forum, and  you took pictures, please feel free to post then here!  More pictures are forthcoming.
Kurt (a.k.a., "Kahuna"), Shoot Boss, Project Appleseed, SOCAL.
Also:
I must thank everyone so very much for my send-off this shoot, since this will be my last shoot for some time: my family and I are bound for Japan for my job for the next few years, and while I might be able to host some "LibertySeeds" there on the Naval Base I will be stationed, I will hand the "shoot Boss" reins back over to "Stormn" for the Rainbow Range.  I will miss the cameraderie, and the joy I felt serving as Shoot Boss, spreading the word of freedom, individual sovereignty, and liberty for my fellow American citizens!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803

Tilly

As the Grandpa of the group, I want to thank Kahuna and all the co-instructors for their patience and excellent instruction. Senior like me were inspired by the presence and skill of the younger shooters--Brandon's achievement was really remarkable! Personally, I was moved by Kahuna's own emotional involvement in his narration of the history of the 19th of April. I look forward to more Appleseed shoots in the future, chasing that dang elusive Rifleman badge!

Leonidas_300th

It was a pleasure being out there with the team. Any day there is a Rifleman score is a good day in my book. Thank you to Kurt for his dedicated service to the cause, your presence will be surely missed, but I can say that your passion has influenced and inspired many on the trail (myself included). We shall keep the flame of liberty burning and fed in your absence. I look forward to seeing you again as well as the inspirational Rainbow team.
Cheers!
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

Tennessee Beast

Kurt,

I hope you enjoy Japan.  It was a pleasure working with you! 
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Victory19

That weekend was literally a blast!  It was my 2nd appleseed event and first as a bluehat (I didn't do it all myself as I had help, but I look forward to helping with future shoots).  Kurt is amazing as well as all of the instructors. 

My AQT scores in order were 151, 153, 180, 197 & 206.  Soooo close, but amazing progress if I do say so myself. 

Again, I can't say enough about all of the instructors.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Let's Get Appleseeds Back In San Diego

Victory19

I also wanted to mention that EVERYONE involved with this shoot are great people.  From the shoot boss, to the instructors, to the other blue hats, to their families, to the range owner, to the other shooters.  All of us come from different backgrounds, but we all come together on common ground.  I'm proud to know all of you.
Let's Get Appleseeds Back In San Diego