News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbia Falls, MT June 5-6, 2021

Started by lumberjack55, June 07, 2021, 05:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack55

What a great weekend!  We had 5 shooters come out and each and every one of them came prepared with equipment and rifles in good working order and with a teachable attitude.  No equipment or sight in issues meant we were able to move with greater than average efficiency, and we got three AQTs in on the first day!  And we re-qualified a returning Rifleman, and minted a new one!  Day two saw everyone return to the line with the same enthusiasm and efficiency as day one, so we minted two new Riflemen on Sunday as well!  Huzzah!  Many thanks to Jeff and Barry for bringing their friend (who turned out to be a pretty darn good shot himself), and especially to Barry for picking up an Orange Hat and agreeing to help us move the mission forward! We think Jeff would make a fine instructor as well, and look forward to Derrik and Matt attending another Appleseed so they too may be offered the chance to volunteer.  Much respect to John for his steadfast determination to stick with iron sights and his good humor and energy throughout. Thanks as well to P7 for making the journey out to our corner of Montana, assisting in instructor duties Saturday and giving us a little cross pollination outside the silo of western Montana we sometimes find ourselves in.

wstrngnnt

Thanks for being a great instructor and shoot boss!!

It was a fun weekend with nearly perfect weather to be outdoors in. And a great range I would like to thank for hosting.

It was my pleasure to bring Jeff and Derik along, and also meet the other participants.

Matt dealt with the challenges of his tube fed Marlin and shot some consistent scores all weekend.
Derik got the hang of the positions on Sunday and pulled four qualifying scores in a row Sunday,  with a high of 225!!
Jeff pushed through the first five AQT targets (along with two prior events) with the iron sights but just couldn't get the consistency.  I think he was relieved to finally earn his patch once we switched rifles and he shot with the scope.
As you said, John was a trooper trying to work with the irons, and shot some good groups towards the end. I'm sure he will get them down with a bit more practice.
I had a great weekend shooting, just missing out on my goal of getting a distinguished patch, but I will work on my dry fire practice and hopefully get it next time. I did manage my best AQTs with both a scoped (234) and iron sighted (229, so close) rimfire, so improvement was made.

I am honored to take an Orange Hat, and hope to advance within the program, and help grow Appleseed in Montana. I look forward to working with you, Peter, and the other local instructors in the near future.

thanks again for hosting.
Barry