News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID, Pistol Clinic, April 3, AAR

Started by Prescott, April 05, 2021, 07:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

This was the first Appleseed Pistol Clinic event in the state of Idaho.   This could not have happened with all the support from Project Appleseed in the promotion of the Appleseed Pistol Clinic programs and the dedicated pistol instructors who have worked to get trained instructors for the program.  I would also like to thank Mr Clean and Snow Snake on finding this range and helping with the instruction.  It was great to see Eert back on the line, and I am looking forward to working with him at more events.

The first Appleseed Pistol Clinic event was held at Camp Easton, a BSA camp outside of Coeur d'Alene, ID.   The was a great location for this event, as we had the camp all to ourselves (besides the few deer that wanted to see what we were doing on their property!)

We has six students attend this class, and it was a good cross section of people that would attend this class.   We had a couple new shooter, a couple of intermediate shooters and a couple experienced shooters.   This was a great group to work with, as we learned about the goals of the shooters that attended the event.  There was time at the end of the day to ask each student what they liked about the class and want might need to be changed to the instruction. The beginner students would have liked more one-on-one time with an instructor.   I think there is time during the morning to provide this additional time with the students.

Three of the participants were able to earn their Pistoleerâ„¢ patches, and repeated their Pistoleerâ„¢ scores on a couple PQTs.   Congratulation to Mark, Andrew and Brian for earning their Pistoleerâ„¢ patch.   I think all three of these participants have already earned the Rifleman patch, so their shooting jackets just got some additional adornment.

Overall, I was very happy on the Course of Instruction for this event.   The time frame allocated for the instruction and the shooting of PQTs worked out well.    I am looking forward to the next Appleseed Pistol Clinic event.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Snow Snake

This event had an interesting cross section of age and experience.The students were quite attentive and focused.The 50% patch rate is indicative of that.Others were oh so close that they will probably make score at the next event.
It's an inspiration to work with the blue ribbon cadre of Prescott, eert and Mr.Clean
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor