News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ormond Beach, FL AAR 13-14 MAR 21

Started by 9mm4545, March 15, 2021, 09:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

This Appleseed was at a new venue in Florida and I have to say that it was everything I had hoped it would be and much more. 13 patriots gathered on a beautiful ranch on a beautiful weekend to learn marksmanship and their American heritage and the results of their hard work was outstanding, to say the least. There was amazing across the board improvement and I frankly could not asked for a better group of students. The hospitality shown us by the 2A Ranch was above and beyond and I cannot wait to return.

While we revealed no new Riflemen this weekend, it is only a matter of time as we had several who were so, so close. Elea deserves the weekend's Heartbreak Award with a 207. I have no doubts that he will be shortly claiming the title of Rifleman. Working with brand new shooters sometimes leads to surprises; the stunning improvements by our newbies was one of those surprisesâ€"a most gratifying surprise! Starting from zero and finishing well into the sharpshooter class is not too shabby! Well done, Faith, Martha, and Jackie! Our young shooters, Trevor and Embry, should be proud as they steadily improved from the beginning Redcoat to the last shot on Sunday. Team Dismanâ€"Kelsey, Trevor, Jeremy, and Marieâ€" was a force to be reckoned with with solid performances all round, all while being incredibly nice folks. Paul and Scott were late additions to our roster and I am so glad they decided to come. Don't overthink it, practice perfectly and success is guaranteed. Tom, you were a delight to work with and I hope that I am the one who gets to award you a Rifleman patch sometime soon.

This event could not have happened without the help of an outstanding group of dedicated instructors. Your passion, knowledge, and willingness to do what needs to be done is what makes Appleseed so great. Thank you so much!

If anyone has any photos to share, let's see them!

To everyone: dry practice is your friend, keep your powder dry, and may your aim always be true. See y'all next time!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Minutemom

Such a great shoot!  Thanks to everyone who came out and worked so hard to improve their marksmanship!  I can only say that 2A Ranch is awesome and I hope there will be many more shoots there in the future.
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

FLawyer

Pictures - I
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

Pictures II
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

Pictures III

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

Pictures IV

Molon Labe!

JustKim

This was an amazing event at an amazing venue!  The shooters made tons of progress.  I cannot thank our hostess enough for the incredible accommodations and it was wonderful to feel so welcomed and comfortable.  I enjoyed everyone and hope to see you all again soon!  Thanks for a wonderful week-end with a wonderful group of people!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

rambo granny

Though it's been a way too packed week+ since the event, I can't help but smile when I think of this unique event: the amazing venue, sweet southern hospitality, the wonderful students, and dedicated instructors. Video can recreate the feeling of being there..a positive subject 😊!

Here's a free link to my Drop Box to see the video (4 min 45 sec)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rfxrw2tv9oe034/export%20Mac%20imovie%202A%20Ranch.mp4?dl=0
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

gunjunkie

This was a great weekend with fantastic weather. With many fist time shooters on the line there was an impressive amount of progress made. The accommodations were first class in every regard and I look forward to the next event. Thanks to all that put this together, it was a fantastic shoot.   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Captain

Wow, that looks like a great event at a fantastic venue. Love the movie!!  :)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Trick_Shot

I had a great time at my first Appleseed shoot, and I am looking forward to doing it again! All the instructors (Bruce, Granny Rambo, Kim, Chuck, Greg, and the others) were very helpful and patient, and I appreciated their assistance and support very much! I was having trouble with my iron sights, and Kim lent me her rifle, which had a scope on in it. Greg was encouraging and was helpful in his comments and shooting advice. Took several pictures, and I enjoyed my interactions with everyone. The talks on American history, especially regarding April 19, 1775, was inspiring and very interesting. I also appreciated being able to talk to Granny Rambo, and Bruce and getting my picture with them! To all the instructors and participants and the 2A Ranch, thank you for making my first Appleseed event a memorable one!

Trick_Shot

Two fantastic instructors who really made the event special!