News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field, LADYSEED, March 6-7, 2021 AAR

Started by JustKim, March 08, 2021, 09:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

AMAZING WEEKEND!!!  We had a full house this week-end at our 2021 LADYSEED at Hurlburt Field.  The ladies all made amazing progress!!!  All but two shooters were beginners - many being first time rifle shooters, but we had some fantastic scores on the AQTs.  Some of these ladies more than doubled their scores.  Debbie re-qualified and I am VERY EXCITED to say accepted an Orange hat!!!!  CONGRATS Debbie - you did an amazing job -- and Kecia was hot on her trail with a 204 and a 206 --- WHAT???  Emma did not disappoint, our youngest shooter doubled her score and accepted a Patriot patch -- you go girl!!!  We had several knocking on the door of Riflewoman -- Sharon scored a 200, while Chris, Krista, Delores, Regina and Lisa were not far behind.  Lili, Angela, Davitri and Jamie -- all persisted and significantly raised their scores - remember this was several of these ladies first time to shoot, and we had 2" groups after only a few squares.  Several of these ladies also struggled with some physical difficulties as well as some equipment malfunctions, but everyone of them were determined to hang in there and increase their scores and make huge improvements on the red coat targets.  I was very impressed by all!  The instructors were well-paid this week-end!!

A special thanks to the instructors who showed up...Ana and Dave made a 6 hour trip, and Lori and Ken made the 2.5 hour trip they always make -- thanks!  Every instructor gave 110% and made this a very successful shoot -- as always - thanks Stan the Man and Waky and Mrs. Waky for all of the goodies!!  A very special Thank you to Tim for letting us shoot his black powder Long Rifle and sharing with us some Hoe bread and those really hard cracker/cakes - journey cakes (sorry, I can't remember what they are called)

We also had 3 instructor promotions!

I fully expect that we will see all of these ladies back at future Appleseed events -- they all made way too much progress and had way too much fun to stop now!!

I have to say that this has been one of my favorite shoots - it was a fabulous week-end spend with fabulous women!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

EpicQuilter

This was a stellar event.   I had a fantastic time with great instructors at the helm.   Couldn't ask for a better group of ladies for a LadySeed event.  JustKim is a great shoot boss and assisted me in wanting to accept an orange hat.   I will start working towards completing that training.   

Bama Girl

Emma and I had a wonderful time and look forward to many more events. Everyone was so helpful and made the two of us feel so welcome!
"Public spirit lives - lives in the bosoms of the Fair Daughters of America, who … unite their efforts to reward the patriotic, stimulate the Brave, to alleviate the Burden of War and to show that they are not dismayed by defeats of misfortunes." ~ Abigale Adams

MyNameIsEARL

Absolutely awesome weekend.  Dragon gave a spectacular display of shooting and loading of a period rifle.  Congratulations to all the ladies and instructors. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.  I was glad that Dennis and I could watch and support this Ladyseed.

Sew Rosie

The Ladyseed event this past weekend was AMAZING!  For being new to guns and shooting, I could not have had any better instruction than what I received at this event.  All the instructors were helpful and so patient - until it came to the 55 second round!  Seriously though, the instruction was out of this world and I really liked that so many different people helped along the way throughout the weekend.  JustKim, the Shoot Boss was wonderful about answering questions and getting a loaner rifle lined up before the event started.  She did a great job leading and allowing others a chance to lead.  She was patient, as were all the other instructors, and insightful with information given. 

I went into the weekend a bit fearful of guns simply because I have not had experience with them - I came away from the weekend with confidence and excitement for the next time I can attend an Appleseed event.  I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for all the instructors that made this event happen and taught me so much.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Until next time...!

Cold Warrior

"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

JustKim

Ladies (Epicquilter, Kiki0626 and SewRosie) thank you so much for your feed-back!  We are excited to see you again soon!

Also Dave, thank you for posting the video -- it is awesome!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

gunjunkie

This was a great weekend with awesome folks. Hope to see you all again soon.
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet