News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Work on KD skills West Side

Started by Fidget, March 07, 2021, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidget

I was planning on trying for my KD patch in 2021, I have access to the KD range in Dorr.
(Willing to travel to other ranges in the area.)
If you wanted to get together to work on these skills let me know.
Most of my books are here: https://www.librarycat.org/lib/bflysmile

MI-copperhead

Definitely interested. Lord willing, I will be trying the 22RF KD as well as the KD again in Dorr in October. My M1A is torn down but the parts should be in this week.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Fidget

Captain America

I think Jenna and I might be interested in this too!

SteelThunder

I'm going to strongly recommend giving the 200 yard Rimfire KD a vote to help your full distance KD performance.  100 yards is pretty easy with a 22LR...200 gives you wind, trajectory issues and really reveals issues with your shooting fundamentals.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Fidget

I was looking at signing up to be a shooter at a KD event to getter done :) There looks to be a RKD before the Watervliet & KD event that isn't too far... :)
After my range buddies moved, it's been too easy to have other things come up and not get out to practice. I had no idea how hard good range buddies are to replace.
:bow: I also finely listened to your wise teaching and installed a less powerful scope on my KD rifle, got tired of taking a nap waiting for the reticle to come back down to the target.  :bow:

MI-copperhead

Quote from: SteelThunder on March 18, 2021, 11:48:42 AM
I'm going to strongly recommend giving the 200 yard Rimfire KD a vote to help your full distance KD performance.  100 yards is pretty easy with a 22LR...200 gives you wind, trajectory issues and really reveals issues with your shooting fundamentals.
Yes, I want to shoot the Watervilet RKD in June.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Fidget

I look forward to seeing you there!