News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA SEPT 17-18, 2020 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, September 19, 2020, 09:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Well the weather was warm and a bit smoky.  But that didn't stop 22 folks from coming out to Sacramento Valley Shooting Center for a great weekend of learning.

This was a group determined to learn and to improve each and every time they went back to the line.  It was great to see the beginners really begin to improve and even those who had been shooting for many years began to see that what we were teaching helped a great deal.

Lunch and some awesome history gave everyone a break from the heat and filled stomachs with food and minds with history.

Back on the firing line it was back to filling minds with marksmanship techniques. 

Due to time constraints we weren't able to get in an AQT or the end of day Red Coat.  We did finish up the day with the 3rd strike and closing comments. 

Sunday saw 15 returning students.  Those who were not able to make it back out, you were missed, hope to see you again sometime.

Morning Red Coat and review proved that the night time reboot of brains and bodies worked.  Again, this group of students was determined.  Micheal K, 12 yrs old, discovered that this stuff really worked!  He focused on what he was doing and found that he ended up with a tiny group...2 shots in one hole and the other 3 right next to those.  Great job Michael.

Lunch and the stories gave us all a break.  Then it was on to AQT's.  Nice work to everyone.
Congrats to Michael C who turned in the only Rifleman score of 213!!!!  There were a few others knocking on the door.  Keep practicing!!

Thank you all for coming out.  Hope to see you all out again sometime soon...with friends!!

Thank you for helping us tear down and clean up.  That really means a lot to us.

Thank you to my instructors, with out your wonderful help, I would not be able to do this.

Books I mentioned:

Paul Revere's Ride & Washington's Crossing by David Hackett-Fischer

Instructors for the weekend:

Laurie     NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Joe           eaglescouter
Chris        Pathogen
Linda        Ducky
Vinnie       Vinnie

Kasrkin

Thank you for all of your hard work Laurie and team! I can't wait to attend another Appleseed early next year and earn my rifleman patch. I will continue practicing what you taught and learning about our nation's storied history until then.

NorCal22Gal

Look forward to seeing you next year then!!

100% Juice

Thank you to all the instructors. The event was a blast, so fun, and such a well structured program.
I look forward to the next Appleseed ! The Sac range is nice ðŸ'ðŸ½ too.

NorCal22Gal

Glad you enjoyed it!  See ya next time!!

sleepy

God bless you guys for the important work you do in such a place.