News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

12-13SEPT2020 RAWLINS WYOMING AAR

Started by M1bzrk, September 14, 2020, 01:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

AAR 12-13SEPT2020 RAWLINS WYOMING

Another giant event at the Rawlins Outdoor Shooting Complex!!  Well, perhaps giant is an exaggeration - but we did have 2 shooters on Saturday: Craig, a student at UW (or Triple U according to the wits in Nebraska); and Jim a slightly older gentleman from Rawlins who attended last year. 
Though neither shot 210, both improved greatly through the weekend, said they learned some new things and enjoyed themselves.  Thanks to them for coming, and for their teachable attitudes.  I am sure they will PERSEVERE and show us how it's done.

We were joined by Mr. Aufbau, who just dry-practiced with a borrowed rifle and acquainted himself with a reticle new to him.  He showed that he still had the touch by clearing the morning Redcoat and later requaling with a 227.  Thanks for the lesson, Dan. 
Thanks to sleepy for coming over from Laramie and making my job easy.  Thanks to the Rawlins Outdoor Shooting Complex and to Clint and Jim for all their help and encouragement.
Any one who shoots and lives anywhere near Rawlins should take advantage of this range.
Thanks to all for a safe and productive clinic - thanks also for shirt-sleeve weather - if we'd been there on Tuesday and Wednesday, it would have been a Winterseed!

LIBERTAS!

M1bzrk

Forgot that PineRidgePuma and son Russ on a motorcycle tour, stopped by to visit and help teardown on Sunday.  Thanks, guys, for your help - as well as the pie!  Come back anytime.

Mr. Aufbau

A great event under excellent weather conditions! Thanks to M1bzrk for allowing me to try his new rifle, and to sleepy (pictured to the right of the remaining snow  ;D) for the quality history instruction as per usual.
"Crackheads hustle for straight days to get a rock. No sleep or food. You ever work that hard for something? Don't get outworked by a crackhead."

Captain

Congrats on putting on another great Wyoming event! I have a feeling this area will be growing more Appleseed soon thanks to the efforts of the Wyoming cadre and the motivated shooters.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range