News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congratulate Dread Pirate Bebop on her Orange hat!!!!!!

Started by Superheat, September 10, 2020, 05:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Congratulations to the Pirate on shooting Rifleman and joining the Michigan Instructor cadre.  Huzzah!

Captain

Dread Pirate Bebop! What a great forum name. Welcome to the instructor cadre!

Huzzah!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

D.O.M.

Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Corvette

Welcome to the team,  congrats on stepping up.  I am sure that MI will be better with your help.  Huzzah!!!

Corvette (Ohio SC)
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

MI-copperhead

Congratulations  to the Pirate on shooting a Rifleman score and taking a hat! The rest of us IIT's will make room for you under the bus.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

BeeFree

I'm still laughing that she combined her fave movie Princess Bride and her fave anime Cowboy BeBop into one name!  Way to go, Pirate! O0

Your Proud Mom,
Bee
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Stark

HUZZAH! Looking forward to working the line with you, Pirate  :F :snipersmi
Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.
- Gen. John Stark

T. WOLF

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

sleepy

devilkitty

Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

Catch-10-22

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Theokestral

This thread brings me joy. Congratulations from Wisconsin.

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

AF5US

:F  :F  :F Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!  :F  :F  :F
O0  O0  O0
Quote from: BeeFree on September 10, 2020, 07:54:52 PM

I'm still laughing that she combined her fave movie Princess Bride and her fave anime Cowboy BeBop into one name!  Way to go, Pirate! O0

Your Proud Mom,
Bee
See, what she understands is that it's a sleeper name.  You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Cowboy BeBop - until she outshoots them all and strikes fear in their mealy-worm hearts! Way to go!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

CarrollMS

"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

GTEngineer

Thank you for joining us!   O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

You'll find this journey to be challenging but very rewarding.  Keep in mind we are here to help you along this journey to your green hat and beyond!  Don't hesitate to reach out for help anytime!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Black Knight

Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Roundballer

Oh me, be this a new crimp t' step up t' the big guns 'n shoot the Bess?
'tis sort o' a "must" if ye wish t' natter the natter, ye shall steer the course.
'n remember that Sept 19th be "Natter like a Pirate day"

Translation to "pirate" courtesy of http://pir.monkeyness.com/translate

Pookie

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
During the seventy years which elapsed between the overthrow of the Stuart dynasty and the victory of Wolfe on the Heights of Abraham, the relations between the American colonies and the British government were, on the whole, peaceful; and the history of the colonies, except for the great and romantic struggle with New France, would have been almost destitute of striking incidents. In view of the perpetual menace from France, it was clearly unwise for the British government to irritate the colonies, or do anything to weaken their loyalty; and they were accordingly left very much to themselves. Still, they were not likely to be treated with any great liberality,â€"for such was not then, as it is hardly even yet, the way of governments...

Pepper Spray

You seem a decent fellow, I'd hate to miss working with you. Maybe we'll see each other on the line sometime? Anyway, Congratulations! It's a big step, if you need any help with history or POIs just ask!
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton

Post tenebras lux

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now." -Alex and Brett Harris from Do Hard Things

BeeFree

The Dread Pirate BeBop thanks everyone for their very warm welcome!  (I'm typing it for her because somehow she doesn't have access to IIT stuff or the ability to reply to anything yet).  She says she's looking forward to working with everyone on the Appleseed Trail!  (And she laughed at how many of you got the movie and anime quotes into this thread!)

BeeFree - for Dread Pirate BeBop
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Pocket Watch

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

HikerMatt

Plans are useless but planning is everything.
                                     D. Eisenhower