News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Florida - 30 day "stay at home" order

Started by B.C., April 01, 2020, 03:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Looks like our Governor finally issued a 30 day stay at home order.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-desantis-coronavirus-statewide-stay-at-home-order-lockdown

Be safe out there brother and sisters.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

9mm4545

Seems our April shoots are officially kaput.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Engineer shooting

Actually, the order exempts "Essential Activities" which includes "participating in recreational activities (consistent with social distancing" in groups of not greater than ten.... So, we are no prohibited, yet.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

TheMenace

Quote from: Engineer shooting on April 01, 2020, 05:29:39 PM
Actually, the order exempts "Essential Activities" which includes "participating in recreational activities (consistent with social distancing" in groups of not greater than ten.... So, we are no prohibited, yet.

Hello Florida Appleseeders!

An example of an essential activity would be for you and several of your Appleseed brothers and sisters to converge on your local range and participate in shooting a Redcoat and the memorial volley (Battle rifles, offhand preferred) on April 19th. A little practice and remembrance to honor our forefathers who gave so much for our freedom in the face of tyranny.

The course of Fire for 4:00 PM Patriots Day Memorial Volley:
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=50814.msg343288#msg343288

In Liberty!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

scuzzy

april 18-19 - well guys - bunnell has 18 people and tallahasse has 4.

do i cancel these or what?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Captain

I don't know the Bunnell range, could that event be split between two different bays to keep below 10 people (shooters and staff)? Also, the SB should have contact info for the shooters, it might be worth confirming with them who is actually planning to show up. Some might be in a risk group and therefore not planning to attend anyway. Just some thoughts. I hate to see all of our Patriot's Day events cancelled while there's still a way to pull them off. Stay safe and good luck.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Engineer shooting

Both Bunnell (Flagler Gun Club) and Tallahassee have in place plans to limit to groups of 10 and maintain 6 foot space between shooters. We'll follow all the other rules, no contact, etc.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

scuzzy

Quote from: Engineer shooting on April 04, 2020, 05:44:53 PM
Both Bunnell (Flagler Gun Club) and Tallahassee have in place plans to limit to groups of 10 and maintain 6 foot space between shooters. We'll follow all the other rules, no contact, etc.

Thanks - glad to see at least a few ranges will have festivities on the 19th of April.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TomM1Thumb

Bunnell, If We had to, We could ask for 3 Bays, 6 shooters to a bay with 3 Instructors to a Bay, run each bay as a separate shoot, We do have enough Shoot bosses, Just need a few more IIT's or Instructors.

But it is just an Idea!

Please All Apple seeders, Stay Happy and Healthy in these Trying times.

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine