News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Whittington Center closed until further notice.

Started by TaosGlock, March 24, 2020, 12:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Word just in to me a few minutes ago. The WC is now a total and complete shut down folks.

No firearms for sale in the Pro Shop, no firearms transfers, and no museum visits.
All of the administration and maintenance is shut down.

Any events scheduled in the next few days or weeks are cancelled. There is NO public range use. NADA. Gates are closed.
The only thing they will do is watch/guard the main gate to guard the facility from looters, poachers and trespassers.
This could change in as little as a few weeks or worse, after much longer.

So you traveling instructors and shooters to our UKD and KD classes and all others,
you have 48 hours before any scheduled event to cancel rooms at the WC.
Keep this mind as there is no hurry to do that now as who knows what will happen in the very near future.

I will do updates to this thread as I get them.

Be safe and vigilant my Appleseed brothers and sisters.
In liberty,
TG and BF
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Captain

Thanks for the update TaosGlock. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

TaosGlock

Hope so.
I remain confident we will be on track again soon.
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

pennys dad

Captwa

TaosGlock

No word on any changes as of yet.
Thanks guys for hanging tough!

Mrs. Smith

Thanks for the update, Dan! The other NM ranges are the same, as well as the two here in El Paso

Quote from: TaosGlock on April 04, 2020, 05:53:16 PM
No word on any changes as of yet.
Thanks guys for hanging tough!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

TaosGlock

Quick update.  The center is indeed still going to make a major decision on the rest of the 2020 season by May 1.
Talked to the Program Director and she said most of the centers employee's are working from home and have taken a 20% pay cut to help the dwindling financial situation. Only a skeleton crew is there now for general maintenance and security.
Raton is in bad shape as the WC is the sole reason it is not another NM whistle stop or ghost town.

Many of the 2020 events have now totally cancelled for the year.  Room reservations are not so much cancelled as some folks do remain hopeful.
If the center does open after May 1 many folks will use their reservations to do personal shooting. And of course whatever gets rescheduled will happen assuming they can get folks to come again.
I am keeping our events on the books.
More later,
Dan