News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gun Rally 3-10-20

Started by Tennessee Beast, March 13, 2020, 11:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Beast

I had the opportunity to attend the TFA/GOA gun rally inside the old Tennessee Supreme Court room in the Tennessee Capitol.   The topic was to support the proposed Constitutional Carry bills. It was my first time in the State Capitol.  I wore my instructor gear and sat in the front row.  Unfortunately, at this rally (inside the State Capitol), firearms carry was prohibited.  To my knowledge, there were no other Project Appleseed instructors INSIDE the Capitol. However, we had several folks (one was an inactive IIT) covering us OUTSIDE the Capitol. TFA says they plan to make this an annual event and next year's rally will be in a location that allows handgun carry. ;)
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks for representing the program Beast.
Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Tennessee Beast

It was my duty.  :F  No thanks needed, but appreciated.  Here is photo evidence before the festivities started.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"

Nashville Stage

I wasn't able to make the morning rally, but BluegrassColonel and I attended the judicial subcommittee meeting that evening. It was my first time there as well... an interesting experience. Lots of grandstanding was heard.  ::)

Is that Hickok behind you? It's good to see him around.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: Nashville Stage on March 20, 2020, 11:12:10 AM
Is that Hickok behind you? It's good to see him around.

I didn't get to meet too many folks.  So, Maybe.  The name sounds familiar.
John Lancaster Spalding

Benjamin Franklin, 1775