News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC AAR - Feb 22-23, 2020

Started by Jyorb, March 02, 2020, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyorb

We had a fine shoot Feb 22-23, with the chilly mornings serving in contrast to our warm patriotic spirits. We had a good turnout on Saturday with even some surprise walk ons, and had a dedicated number who returned for Saturday. We had a wide variety of backgrounds and experience in our group, and I think everyone learned something this weekend. Though we had no qualifications, I saw dramatic improvement in the scores across the board as we progressed through the weekend. More importantly, the honoring of our heritage really kindled the spirit of Liberty throughout our group as we heard the stories of April 19th.

I have to extend a special thanks to the strong work of the Instructors and IITs that were there despite our busy schedules. We had an excellent ratio of instructors to students which allowed for intensive instruction for everyone. I have the pleasure of being a part of the progress of our IITs, and seeing the full awarding of both an Orange and a Red Hat as our instructors realize what they are about.

Thanks to everyone who turned out this weekend for making it such a great shoot!

ErsatzMacGuffin

Definitely was an enjoyable weekend.  This was my first full Appleseed and I got within striking distance of qualifying (202).  The fatigue monster had a solid hold on me by Sunday and I was not quite able to get everything to click all at the same time.  The instructors were fantastic and I am looking forward to coming back.
Rifleman - 18 October 2020
Orange Hat - 18 October 2020
Known Distance Rifleman - 22 November 2020
Pistoleerâ„¢ - 12 June 2021

Captain Amos Horton, Jr. - Kershaw Regiment / Camden District Regiment - South Carolina
Richard Hannah, Sr., James Eaddy, and Samuel Eaddy - "Marion's Men" - South Carolina
James McDaniel - 2nd South Carolina Regiment
Joseph Stonecipher - Wilkes County Militia - North Carolina
Reuben Ard - Washington District Militia - North Carolina
Phillip Hildebrand - 4th Company, 4th Pennsylvania Battalion
Robert Henderson, Sr. - 1st Company, 2nd Pennsylvania Battalion
Shadrick Jones - 3rd New York Regiment
Francis Coley - Charles City Militia / Second Virginia Brigade

Jakob Barthel - Grenadier Regiment von Rall