News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PA 1st Rifles patches

Started by EZ3, December 31, 2019, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

I'm considering quotes for an order.  For an order of 300 patches, the per-unit price is around $3, depending on whether or not it's 100% embroidered and whether or not it has a velcro backing.
Who is interested in going in with me on it, what features, and for how many?
Just to be clear, this is addressed to the PA cadre.  After all, it is our state patch.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Crazyduckhunter

I might not live in PA but I still identify as from the commonwealth of PA. I am in. Plus I border raid  for events in PA. I am most proud of my first cleared redcoat that was in PA and received this patch for it.
CDH

StevenK

Count me in for 20 at 3.oo.  I will cover postage or I'll see you in March.

StevenK

Quote from: StevenK on January 01, 2020, 01:49:40 PM
Count me in for 20 at 3.oo.  I will cover postage or I'll see you in March.
WITh Velcro! ( if that's the way it goes)

azmule

I can't be very active as an instructor anymore, but I would love a couple of these to wear just to open the opportunity to tell folks about my newly adopted state's rich Rifleman history.   :1luvu
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

HammBone

Just a data point here. I just did an order for Ohio on a merrowed border 4.5" x 2.5" patch with 75% embroidery and a heatseal backing. Cost per patch was only $1.50 with shipping. This was through custompatches.net. Their communication and customer service was the first rate and the patches turned out great.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

OK, order update; based on feedback from the PA SBs I'm reducing the order to 100 patches.  Thanks to a tip from Hammbone (OH), the price should be reduced to $2/patch, but I haven't approved a proof, yet.  If I have to go with one of the original suppliers, it will be higher.  This is for the same size patch we had been using (approx. 2" x 3"), partially embroidered with velcro backing (hooks only).

If anyone else wants in on the order, speak now or hold your peace until we run out of patches again!

HammBone

Put me down for five patches at the $2 price
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

cwcdl79

EZ3

Thank you all very much!  All 100 patches are spoken for.   O0

Texas T

If anyone was left out and didn't have a chance to get in on the order, I'll give up 5 of mine. Otherwise, I'll take what I committed to.

Thanks
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

EZ3

Patch update:  I am considering two bids, but both companies are shut down until 2/12.  Hopefully then I can approve one or the other and we will have the patches shortly thereafter

EZ3

The Final Patch Update (hopefully):  The vendor I ordered from is shipping the patches for $1.50/patch.  Should arrive some time next week.  I'll keep y'all posted.

EZ3

The patches are in!   :partytime:

They look good, and have the velcro backing (hook-side).   They were $1.50 per patch.  If you want them shipped, it will cost a little extra.  I was thinking since some of you guys will be at Marion (wait, isn't that a federal prison?) in a couple of weeks, maybe I should ship all of your orders to one of you for distribution at the PPT3 event?

Let me know what you all want done as far as distribution.  If anyone has changed their minds, no problem, they will all have a home.

azmule

Azmule found a sharpie...
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda