News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

5 December 2019 F Class competition

Started by Quinncannon, December 07, 2019, 08:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinncannon

We had our weekly shoot at the Vets Shooting Center on 5 December. This time, even I participated in the F Class competition! My rifle, a .308 custom built rifle, with Leupold 4.5 x 24 power scope. Ammo 175 grain SMK's, a mild but accurate load. Weather was almost perfect, little wind at first, temp in the 50's, overcast sky.

The F Class 10 ring is six inches, the X ring is three inches, shot at 600 yards. I came in third, with a 195, 195 and 194. On the third string we all lost a few more points, because the wind started kicking up and gusting! First place, was one of the range owners, who shot 194, 198, 196! Competition was fierce!

Even though we didn't shoot with slings in this match, the Rifleman still must know his come ups and read the wind, of course still apply all the Rifleman fundamentals in order to achieve good hits!

Appleseed coming up here in January, looking forward to it! I shot a practice AQT on my own range on 6 December, I'm ready to go!

As usual, we invite all those who would like to shoot with some ol' Riflemen, to shoot some friendly competition or to shoot some AQT's, just contact us, we'll likely saddle up and meet you at the range!

Quinncannon, out.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Hasty Sling

Quinncannon,

I just realized that you close your weekly posts with the same open invitation. I further realized that my immediate response is always the same...I WISH I COULD!!!

Any chance you're gonna take your shoots on the road? ; ) Just kidding. I know you are not. But if you did, may I suggest you start in Central Indiana. I would love to shoot some AQTs and KDs with some dangerous ol' Riflemen.

Oh, and how about posting pics once in a while of these shoots? I'm sure they would be very instructive.

Happy Holidays to the entire AS community - old hands and newbies alike!

Cesar A. Cruz

Quinncannon

Thanks for reading my posts and for responding! I'll make sure to take some pictures next week, I know a couple of us at least will be shooting service rifles slinged up!

Indiana has some serious Appleseeders too, I'm sure there are some shoots scheduled there soon.

Merry Christmas!

PS, on this date, 7 December 1941, the Japanese Imperial Navy attacked the US Navy base at Pearl Harbor, propelling us into the 2nd World War.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021