News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Out of State Transfer

Started by Make the Shot, December 03, 2019, 03:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Make the Shot

I bought the Tippman "Appleseed" M4-22 POR after I qualified for Rifleman Badge.

Any one here point to any store in Los Angeles or neighboring counties (I'm willing to drive for the transfer and DROS) that would accept the Out of State Transfer from Tippman Arms, Fort Wayne IN

Thanks for your help..

Cheers,

Make the Shot
Hollywood, CA

hardlyworking

Most any FFL can handle this, usually out of state transfers (like from Bud's gun shop, Gunbroker, etc.) are going to charge some kind of receiving fee (they have to do all of the paperwork/hassle of a regular sale, only they don't make any profit from guns sold by other dealers, which is untenable for a business) in the range of $100, some will be higher, some lower.

You might want to look for home-based FFLs rather than true gun stores as this is a primary mode of business for those FFLs and they are less likely to be not-so-helpful as I have heard plenty of stories about gun stores that would much prefer to be helping customers buying from their shelves rather than from PTP sales and internet sales.

Twineagles

gunbroker.com will have some lists of FFL holders and their transfer charges.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne