News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Inert Brown Bess

Started by Jayhawker, December 03, 2019, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawker

Our President was photographed brandishing the same fake model Brown Bess Musket that we use as a demo piece at our Appleseed events, complete with the not quite right bayonet seen attached to the board under his left elbow.

Both are close enough for teaching purposes and for our President, but we usually also bring a very shiny and absolutely perfect, period correct, reproduction bayonet.

CarrollMS

Right, I think it would be good. I wonder if the weight is close to the original.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Jayhawker

According to the seller (Denix) the reproduction weighs 3.5 Kg. According to Wikipedia the original weighed 4.8 Kg.

FTR; the cartouches on the reproduction are accurate. The reproduction is the correct length. The muzzle diameter is close enough. From a few inches anterior to the lock on back it's pretty accurate.  From that point forward it's a mess. That gold barrel band absolutely does not belong, and it just bums me out that it is there.

Jayhawker

Mine's 7.5 pounds.

CarrollMS

"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Jayhawker