News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palatka, FL, LADYSEED, AAR, Nov 30 - Dec 1 2019

Started by JustKim, December 01, 2019, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

We had a great shoot this weekend!!  Every single shooter showed amazing progress!  CONGRATULATIONS to new Riflewoman, Crystal, and repeat Riflewoman, Katie!  We had several knocking on the door (Anne and Anna) and I know they will persist and earn their patch at their next Appleseed event!   Abigail had some impressive scores as well!  It was a joy to witness the progress made by Susan, Teri, Dee, J, and Emma!

Thanks so much to all the instructors and blue hats (Christi and Jean) that showed up and taught these ladies great marksmanship and great heritage!  Janet, Marian, Lori and Leah provided great instruction to the ladies -- The guys (Bruce, Ken, Randy, Smoak and Chuck) did a great job at providing instruction as well as repairing rifles.

Also, a special thanks to the Smoaks for their hospitality.  They have a great range and provided a great lunch both days--couldn't have asked for a better event!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

LisaLisa

As my first event as an orange hat I could not have asked for a better group to work with.  Thank you everyone for the encouragement during my Line Boss debut.  Looking forward to many more events

9mm4545

Every Appleseed should be so good! A very solid group of extremely hard working shooters made for a great weekend and the instructors were richly rewarded. The Sunday sandstorm just added a bit more grit to a bunch of ladies already showing more than ample grit themselves. With patience, practice, and persistence every one of these women will be sporting shiny new Riflewoman patches in short order. Y'all have what it takes and it was a pleasure working with you. Huzzah!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

rambo granny

Ditto to all above. AWESOME event in every way (except the wicked windstorm ðŸ˜, which didn't stop anyone!)

Here's some fun pix on my Dropbox (don't fret...its free to you😁)
Click on the link to get to a pdf document you can easily scroll thru to see all pages of the collage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dy7vk0tgcxn15fx/Ladyseed%20%40%20Smoaks%20.pdf?dl=0
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Planeman

What an amazing set of photos to an amazing event!

Looking forward to at some point in the not too distant future, being able to call upon the amazing women instructors, to join forces with the growing contingency of women instructors developing in the South Florida Cadre to host the first of many Ladyseed events in South Florida!

This weekend, I'm very proud and encouraged to be part of the inaugural team of Appleseed instructors coming together at the first southernmost Appleseed in the continental USA at Homestead Training Center, Florida. 

What am I thankful for? To be part of an organization of professionals, willingly giving their time, finances and efforts to share to all the importance of our Liberty, Heritage and Marksmanship!!

-Joe (Planeman) :F
"Instead of sitting down satisfied with the efforts we have already made, which is the wish of our enemies, the necessity of the times, now more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance.."  - Samuel Adams-- HUZZAH!!

iloveliberty

Thanks a million to all of the instructors.... Jean and Frank, I was glad you stopped by , your donation of your time, food and drinks meant alot. (They provided all of those yummy snacks and riflewoman juice) Thank you for showing your love for liberty and for smoakingun and I. I see alot of our Appleseed group as part of my family. Speaking of family, I enjoyed having my daughter in love, some of her sisters and her mom join the event, along with several ladies from our church family. It was very nice to meet Janelle, Emma and Doree, who drove from Gainesville, Orlando and Live oak to attend. You ladies were amazing and kept pushing forward.  I was very impressed with all of the red hats and for those training to be red hats. Special thanks to Sarah & Casey of wild man meats in gainesville for donating hot dogs from their company to the event. Sarah had to miss this event because of illness. She was missed along with one other who had similar illness. I always enjoy watching the perseverance of the shooters. I look forward to the next LS, our range and home is always open to appleseeders. I'll be posting photos via a link soon.
"Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." John Quincy Adams

iloveliberty

"Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." John Quincy Adams

Lucky Lori

It was a good ladyseed event. Thank you Kim for doing a fine job with the event. It was my pleasure to work with my familiar instructors & meet a few more.  Shooters you did a great job listening & improving.   Keep up with shooting & attend other  appleseed's &  you will be sure to improve more. Congratulations Crystal & Katie for scoring rifleman.  Lucky Lori