News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New in Appleseed

Started by PeaceAndLove, November 30, 2019, 03:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeaceAndLove

Hello Alabama Appleseeders,

I'm Elijah. I couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of this program. I am an IIT2 and I'm working hard on my progress checks and my goal is to make Red Hat on Patriot's day. I don't know when I first heard about Project Appleseed, but I already had a respect for the program and esteem for Riflemen (and Riflewomen) before AH1Tom and MixedMetaphor held a LibertySeed at a BamaCarry meeting in Huntsville earlier this year. A few months ago, I started working in the same building as MixedMetaphor and now I talk with him often about Appleseed. He persistently encouraged me to attend, and finally I did.

My first shoot was October 26-27th as a student. I qualified Rifleman on the 2nd AQT of the day and I couldn't be happier. I accepted an Orange Hat that day with the 2 Appleseed requirement being waived by a Master Instructor in the cadre that day. That night I bought all the books on the Appleseed Store along with some other swag. On the very next Sunday, November 3rd, I signed up as an IIT where I completed PC1. The next Saturday, November 9th, I completed PC2. But lo, tomorrow will be the 3rd weekend in a row for me without being involved in an Appleseed event. Woe is me! but... I've not been sedentary.

21. Self-improvement - to become a better, more effective, person - is your goal in
Appleseed.

November 17th, I flew to New England for work. I took my copy of Paul Revere's ride to read on my trip and arrived early so I could visit Concord and Lexington that day. I spent some time at Concord's North Bridge and also walked along parts of the Battle Road in a cold afternoon as snow fell around me. I stopped at the Paul Revere capture site and captured a few more digital moments before heading into Lexington. I stopped in Buckman's tavern where I got a beer (root beer), toured the tavern, and bought a print of the Lexington Green on April Morning. I walked around the Lexington Green and took a picture of Jonathan Harrington's house. On my way out of town, I drove past the Hancock house where John Hancock and Samuel Adams were staying the morning of April 19th, 1775. Friday evening, November 22nd, I traveled to Boston and saw the memorial markers on the Boston Common, walked part of the Freedom Trail, and drank a Samuel Adams at the Beantown Pub (across from Samuel Adams' grave). Really a moving experience, and I will be back. I plan on walking the entire Battle Road some time and I'd like to hear the Declaration of Independence read from the Old State House balcony as they do every July 4th.

So that's my first month of Appleseed.

P.S. I've got a big head that tests the commitment of snapback caps, so I had my hat modified so it won't come unsnapped anymore.
In Liberty,
PeaceAndLove

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
-Thomas Paine

Mixed Metaphor

P&L,

Thank you.  Thank you for stepping up.  Thank you your zeal for Liberty.  Thank you for this post.  Thank you for the opportunity to know you.

Blessings
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Snow Snake

Good on you for your involvement and rapid advance.        O0
I'm planning a trip in the spring to include Battle Road,now I'm encouraged.     
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Monkey

Thanks for stepping up.

I dig what you did to your hat.  :)
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Google

PeaceAndLove,

We are thrilled to have you in the cadre.  Thank you for your dedication to becoming an outstanding instructor.  I'm looking forward to working with you at the IBC in January.

Google

P.S.  Remind us to order the 'Big Noggin' size Red Hat in preparation for Patriot's Day  :)

Mercedes

Thank you for sharing your photos and welcome to the cadre!

HammBone

Nice report from Battle Road, Elijah! The journey to Red Hat is full of knowledge, experiences and camaraderie. Drink it all in. Hear as many history presentations as you can manage from different Instructors. We all tell the same stories, but the wide variety in how they are told and what parts are illuminated and expounded upon is REALLY interesting. Get to an IBC. Get your KD qualification. Get your Rifleman at a Winterseed. Improve your skills so that every time you get behind a rifle you score 210+. Walk the walk.

Welcome to Project Appleseed!
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper