News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

B'ham, AL - Independence Day Weekend @ Steel City 2009

Started by Bama, July 06, 2009, 09:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama

Had a great time and planted some seeds in very fertile ground this weekend. I am about to head out of town for work so I do not have the ability to service this with the time it deserves. I will post more as time permits.

We had about 18 to 20 people on the line both days. We had one Rifleman made, and a half dozen that were consistantly hitting 190s & 200s. We had several who were completely new to shooting, some of which shot only one day, that were scoring Marksman & Sharpshooter by the day's end!

The crowd was absolutely fantastic. Everyone did indeed check their ego at the door, took instruction well and had a very positive attitude. This is Alabama in July folks. It was hot and humid in that Suthron Gulf States way that most of our Northern neighbors would not understand. The fact that the shooters kept such a positive and friendly attitude speaks loudly. All strangers left friends on Sunday evening.

Like the last B'ham shoot in April, we had storms roll in at the end of the day Sunday (no tornadoes this time). ALL of the particpants helped tear down, pack up and clean up the range. What I was expecting to work on for hours took 20 minutes thanks to the volunteering efforts of the shooters! Brandon1 pointed out that this is exactly what America needs to do to save our sinking ship; pull together and do what needs to be done.

We had some real Americans in B'ham this weekend, and it was an honor to be a part of the sowing.

Thanks to the orange hats for stepping up and helping the Cause. Everyone did fantasic. With 3 of the 4 instructors being local, Alabama is on the way to being self-sufficient!

Remember to smile when you say "Alabama"!

To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

Brandon1

I as well had a wonderful time at the shoot. I especially would like to thank everyone for helping get the range squared away after the shoot. The saying many hands make light work was proven on Sunday evening. Just looking around and seeing everyone that was hot and tired after 2 days of shooting pitching in and helping any way they could was very refreshing. O0

During the history sections it was refreshing to see the younger shooters looking and listening very intently. I have to agree with Bama the seeds were planted in very fertile ground this weekend. But we have the obligation and duty to make sure we tend to and nurture the growing tree of liberty.

On another note It was nice to see strangers that met just a day earlier smiling and exchanging phone numbers after the event. This was my first Appleseed as a IIT and it was nice to feel like I am giving back to the people of our great nation. Thanks again to all shooters at the event I hope to see those of you at the October shoot and you had better be prepared to shoot rifleman  &)   :)   :~

Thanks everyone!
Roaming the world on a klr.

I regret that I had to leave Saturday.  I think a couple of more AQT's with the SKS, and I think I could have had it.  Oh well...more practice and perseverance!

Thank you to Bama and all of the orange hats!  Great instruction!

And for whoever took the pics...THANKS!

SamD

Bama

If someone is missing a staple gun please PM me and give a quick description of the thing. It has a characteristic that will make it easy to identify correctly.

822 you'll do it, it's just a matter of time applied.

Thank you for your efforts, Sam.

To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

SamD

Proud to help Bama,
Just wish that we could have got you a 50 shooter line.
Every Appleseed is great and God willing, and BOTG, helping every Appleseed will soon have a full line

Sam