News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield, IL AAR - Apr. 27-28, 2019 ISRA

Started by Chewie, April 30, 2019, 01:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

It was a cold rainy morning with hail mixed into the day but 15 brave souls showed up to battle the dangerous paper red coats and the elements. Tis was Saturday off to a slow start but after a restful lunch the group gathered speed and forged ahead for the afternoon. Was a good time for all until the heaviest of the rains came. The shooters left with hopes for Sunday.

Sunday morning arose to bright sunshine at just above 30 degrees but quickly warming the low 50s and once again 15 souls were found ready to fight off the papered red coats and they did just that indeed with 2 re-qualifying and 4 brand new rifleman what a turn around the weather was beautiful the spirits of the shooters were high and the passion of the stories could be heard on the lips of the instructor core. What a way to start off the shooting year and can not wait to do it again.

Thank you to all that came out and see you again in the dirt real soon.
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Laredo

Great event!  Thanks to all the participants and congratulations to our 4 new rifleman!  Randy. Brad.  Wolf.  and....  Who am I forgetting....??? 

The weather was horrible Saturday.  However, all 15 stayed and persevered.  Sunday was as beautiful as Saturday was ugly!  Warm and sunny...

We cranked through the AQT's and had a good time.

Thanks to Chewie for running another great weekend.

I have pictures... I will post up later.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Badger498

Hi guys.
I was at this event with my 16 year old daughter, down at the left end of the line, and she almost scored 200 at her first Appleseed.
Sorry we were only able to stay for Saturday, but another one of my girl's interests keeps us busy.
Thanks to the instructors for an educational, safe, and fun shoot.
Rifleman since 9/11/11.
Son of VietNam DustOff helo pilot.
Raising a daughter to shoot and hunt.

Badger498

Fun in the rain. :)
Rifleman since 9/11/11.

Castironqueen

I was at the shoot this past weekend, I learned so much and had a great time!!!! Unfortunately on Sunday I aggravated my nerve injury to which I'm still trying to recover. I will try to be back in August, with my better half, husband and wife rifleman and wife team right here!!!!
Because I can...

Laredo

Great to hear from you all!!

Hope to see you all again on the line!

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Castironqueen

Because I can...

Badger498

Castrion,
The only other pic I got that weekend was one of my 2 rifles laying on the mat, pointed at the targets. It was so wet, that the phone didn't come out very often. Glad you enjoyed the shoot, and are bringing the hubby.
Rifleman since 9/11/11.

Laredo

Here is another picture.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd