News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX AAR - Apr. 27-28, 2019

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, April 26, 2019, 12:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Saturday began as a beautiful day to Appleseed!

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

stripper clip

While I anxiously await photos of me awkwardly holding a rifle while trying to shoot a rifleman's score, I want to say Thank You!

Thank you to Steve, Tom, Garrett, Dean and some folks I'm not able to remember their names (sorry), for your time, lessons, patience and dedication to this great organization.
I am inspired to learn more and shoot better!  :)

A big thank you to the range owner for allowing us to enjoy that beautiful property, cow pies and all!

Also, to Sir Not Appearing In This Film, I looked up the "I" prefix to my serial number and my Yugo SKS was produced in 1972.

See you all next April!

Forgive the delays on the AAR...

19 shooters joined us for Appleseed Saturday!

The weather was great. We so often have issues with weather, but not this time.

TT92, didactic, wbridgeman, Bravo 5 and myself instructed.

Shooters worked hard throughout the day.

Instructors were down in the grass and burrs with them.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Instruction and history continued throughout the day.

TT92 did a fine job telling the 1st Strike.

didactic followed up with 2nd Strike.

We did not get to shoot an AQT before days end on Saturday, but most shooters promised to return Sunday.
Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday 12 shooters returned!

Soon after the day began they began engaging AQT targets.

Ladyseed Man Slave

Ball and dummy followed...

Then more AQTs.
Ladyseed Man Slave

Shooters Michael - henceforth known as "stripper clip" persisted and made the first Rifleman score of the day! Huzzah!

Michael had been to prior Appleseed events shooting an SKS. This time he began with a .22LR rifle up to that first Rifleman score, then he made a higher Rifleman score with the same .22LR. Since he was admomished to never make a score that low again, he persisted the rest of the day with his SKS.  :---

We had another shooter make a Rifleman score shortly after - that shooter chose to claim his right to remain safely anonymous. We respect that.

Since some shooters had a distance to travel we had them shoot the hits count target a little early. Those that wished to do so could remain and shoot AQTs until they could shoot no more - one of the special services we can offer at College Station Appleseed.

During the last AQT there were just two shooters left.

On that last AQT shooter Jonathan made a Rifleman score! Huzzah!

Jonathan has been to several events at College Station and embraces this cool concept of convincing others to come with him.  O0

This is why we stay late. Sometimes it pays off :cool2:

Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

And another fine shoot in the Great State of Texas.

Good to see Dean out too!
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Superheat

Quote from: scuzzy on May 07, 2019, 10:59:15 PM
And another fine shoot in the Great State of Texas.

Good to see Dean out too!

+1