News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alaska IBC & SBC, July 12-14 2019

Started by Maximum Ordinate, February 26, 2019, 06:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Alaska is hosting an Instructor Boot Camp at Eagle River, AK on 13-14 July. It is FREE to the Appleseed volunteer cadre, of course, and is designed to enable all of us to help work Appleseed events with even greater simplicity and precision.  Those who have not worked an event for a while may find it a fine refresher & for those who are seasoned instructors, it may be useful to review a bit.  Click here to sign up!!

Who can come?  It's for Instructors-in-Training, Instructors, Applecore, Shoot Bosses!  If you are not yet a volunteer but have attended a 25m event and shot a Rifleman score, come on out.  :)

But wait... there's more!   :))

A bonus to the weekend:  We are hosting a one-day Shoot Boss Camp on Friday July 12th. This event is geared towards those interested in becoming a Shoot Boss and existing Shoot Bosses.  Ideally, you should be an IIT3 or above to attend... but if you're not there yet and on fire, drop me a note!

So, what's this about??  The goal is to build and improve our Shoot Boss team, which Fred often called the backbone of Project Appleseed.

We're gonna talk about Planning
We're gonna talk about Administration
We're gonna talk about Leadership
We're gonna talk about Liberty

And we're gonna have some great fellowship.  So SIGN UP for this separate SBC.

As always, please drop me a note if you have any questions.

in Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

hogfamily

MO,

Does that mean you are coming to AK?
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Taka222

Awwww.....

Why'd ya have to go and pick dates I can't be there? :wb:
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: hogfamily on February 27, 2019, 01:35:03 AM
MO,

Does that mean you are coming to AK?

Yessir, it does.  And I'm not coming alone... Master Instructor DonD plans to travel with me.

Getting a date on the calendar where we could make this happen and have a venue was a bit of a challenge.  My hat goes off to FourFans for finding us a place.

I hope that everyone can make both (or at least one) of these events.  They should be a lot of fun.

v/r
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

hogfamily

Great!

For my AK Appleseed folks do not miss this opportunity to meet Max Ord. He is the real deal Patriot.

Travis and I had the honor of attending a KD class that he was co-instructing. There is no one more about the mission than Max Ord.

And he is also just an all round nice guy.

(Not to slight DonD I have not had the pleasure of meeting in person.)
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Pete!

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

FourFans

Gang,
This is "big medicine" for Appleseed Alaska. I would ask every body in the Alaska cadre to please make every effort to attend. We gain so much from getting outside inputs, and getting TWO Master Instructors in the same room for a weekend won't happen again in AK for quite some time, I'm guessing.
I've been dealing at length with MI Rusty (Maximum Ordinate) recently via phone and text etc. He and DonD both have unreal Appleseed "cred" and I'm actually looking forward to having my learning curve being "near-vertical".

I again implore each of you to make a max effort to attend.

--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Starbuck

Slowpoke

Great thanks to Maximum Ordinate and DonD for sacrificing some of your all-too-short summer to visit Alaska.  Hopefully you can see some of the sights while you're here.

And huge thanks to FourFans who has done what no other has done, and arranged the first-ever (correct me if I'm wrong) outsider-instructed IBC and SBC.    Not bad, Sir.

I'll be there. 
I'm sure I won't be the only one missing a previously scheduled event, but I'll be there.
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html

Taka222

Got my schedule shuffled around a bit, so now I get to go!
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

Slowpoke

As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

FourFans

"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Slowpoke

What an excellent event!

Huge thanks to FourFans for arranging it, and especially to DonD and Maximum Ordinate all the excellent instruction!   :beer:

It was an honor and a pleasure to meet both of you gentlemen.

And to my fellow Alaskans, always good to work with you.