News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wisconsin--Wisconsin members check in here!

Started by Trisha, January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

welcome LadyVetch! It has been great working with you in Lodi and if you have any questions please just feel free to ask.

kilogulf59

Hey if your near Mauston and want to do some shootin' when it warms up a bit lemme know, we can step out back and pop off a few.

CGinWI

Hello from Greenville,
How is every one ? I'm hoping to shoot a couple appleseeds this year , Shiocton (home range) and maybe Suamico but thats more of a drive
but I guess I did drive to MN for one last Sep. LOL !! **)
O and I think I'm going to try to shoot Rifleman left handed this year !!

endpoint

Hiya CGinWI! 

If you find yourself down toward Racine we have a great range down here with 4 shoots this year!  If not, maybe I'll see ya at a shoot up there :)

JoeZ

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Shooterer

Hi all,
I'm from the Milw area, I met many of you at Da'Boone shoot.

Thanks to all of you that make this site possible (and fun)
jk
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

Old Glory!

Kilo and Shooterer; WELCOME!

We have an Appleseed at New Lisbon!  Here is the WI schedule so far.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10533.0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

kilogulf59

Welcome to all the new AS'ers who live "Behind The Cheddar Curtain".

Joe Z,

Sorry I missed you query. It's not a formal range and maybe 100 yds before running into trees.

Old Glory,

Yeah finally...it was a long wait but I'm going and my daughter Gina is coming as well. She'll probably go to Lodi with me later this year also. She got her M795 for Christmas and she's like a little kid with a new toy...LOL

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

kilogulf59

Hey thanks...I think...pardon me but what's a DAR?

Last I heard that meant Daughters of the American Revolution...  :)

Shooterer

Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

kilogulf59

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

martin

Hello everyone,
My name is Martin and I live in Northwest Wisconsin (not too far from Minneapolis/St.Paul).
My first shoot was in Schiocton last June with Colycat and didn't fully realize what was needed to shoot the course until then.It was a pretty wet weekend so Colycat was kind enough to let me have a few targets so I practiced thru the summer. I signed up for Lodi in October and received my Rifleman patch there. I was asked if I would consider being an instructor and after thinkin about it for a month or 2 , decided to do it. Deacon's  been kind enough to get me the instructors manuals and so, I been busy studying them.
I've picked up a Ruger 10/22 Compact that I fixed up for my wife and I'm hoping to get her a Rifleman patch next summer. I also was able to get a M1 Garand that I'm going to use at some of the longer ranges. Can't wait!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

JoeZ

Hello Martin. Welcome aboard!  O0

That 10-22 is not just for the wife, right? An LTR keeps you sharp at low cost and many people can shoot rimfire just in their backyard. Old campaign signs make great target backers and not much is needed for a 22 backstop.

The M1 Garand from the CMP is still the best deal for a battle rifle. For a little more than an AK or SKS, and about the same as a cheap AR15 you get the quickest reloading semi auto in 30-06 (and prob the same cal. as your deer rifle) with the best iron sights devised by man. Not to mention the legendary reliability.

QuoteI was asked if I would consider being an instructor and after thinkin about it for a month or 2 , decided to do it.
It's better to make commitments under serious deliberation than to jump in impetuously and find out you can't or won't proceed. That person does the program and himself no good.

Hope to see you again soon,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

martin

Thanks for the welcome,
This is my first experience with both the 10/22 and the Garand. I've been both impressed and disappointed with the 10/22. For me I got a heavy barrelled one that shoots very good. They seem reliable and quite a deal for the money. ( and just plain fun!) But I'm kinda old school and have a tough time swallowing the fact they use plastic for the trigger housing and trigger. Yeah, I know about Glocks and XD's but ,,,,,,
I've wanted a Garand since I was taught how to shoot by my father,using one. I ordered a service grade that took 3 months to get, was well worth the wait. It's all matching and appears to be test fired only. The wood is a little rough but original. I'm going to take it with me down to Ramseur later this month and hopefully learn to properly shoot it. 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

dragonfly

Quote from: martin on February 07, 2010, 09:43:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome,
This is my first experience with both the 10/22 and the Garand. I've been both impressed and disappointed with the 10/22. For me I got a heavy barrelled one that shoots very good. They seem reliable and quite a deal for the money. ( and just plain fun!) But I'm kinda old school and have a tough time swallowing the fact they use plastic for the trigger housing and trigger. Yeah, I know about Glocks and XD's but ,,,,,,
I've wanted a Garand since I was taught how to shoot by my father,using one. I ordered a service grade that took 3 months to get, was well worth the wait. It's all matching and appears to be test fired only. The wood is a little rough but original. I'm going to take it with me down to Ramseur later this month and hopefully learn to properly shoot it. 
I'm with you on that. Just something special about wood and steel in a rifle. Class and character, But at least the 10/22 is still made in the good old USA. O0

Take care,
D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Cheeser

Hello from Madison.  An adult son and I plan to sign up for Lodi in April.  We might go to Shiocton also; I grew up 7 miles from there.  I'm still reading the info, but it looks like we should each bring a .22 and a center-fire.   :)

Old Glory!

Cheeser,
Welcome to Appleseed and the forum.   Yes bring both.   Great forum name by the way. ;D   Hope to see you  in Shiocton this weekend. on the trail....somewhere. ++) 

OG/Baraboo
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

fepowered

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 10, 2010, 09:33:29 AM
Cheeser,
Welcome to Appleseed and the forum.   Yes bring both.   Great forum name by the way. ;D   Hope to see you in Shiocton this weekend. 

OG/Baraboo

I think you mean Suamico.... :)
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Deacon

OG,
I didn't see Shiocton on the schedule for the weekend.......  ++)  I am headed to Suamico! O0

Cheeser, I am just south of you in Oregon.  Send me a PM if you have any questions about the upcoming shoots.  I look forward to meeting both of you!

Deacon

Cheeser,
Welcome to Appleseed and the forum.   Yes bring both.   Great forum name by the way. ;D   Hope to see you in Shiocton this weekend. 

OG/Baraboo

dragonfly

Quote from: fepowered on February 10, 2010, 09:59:54 AM
Cheeser,

OG/Baraboo

I think you mean Suamico.... :)
Hasn't even been to an Appleseed yet and already trying to confuse the poor guy. ;)

Hey Cheeser :cool2:, Welcome to the Appleseed forum and hope to see you in Lodi April 17 and 18 and in Shiocton June 5th and 6th. :--- :--- :--- or anywhere else you my want to attend an Appleseed.

D-fly  @)

K.I.S.S.

Old Glory!

My bad, Cheeser    $$-0

Suamico, Suamico, Suamico this weekend. :---

THORN74

well first off i'm new (here, not to shooting) and i'm a F.I.B. ...... i know eeeeewwwww.....  i live about 20 mins from the IL/WI boarder so i might make a few southern WI shoots ... anything south of milwaukee is fair game for me. 

Mike

colycat

Thorn,  welcome to Wisconsin.  How about the Racine shoot in March?  Bring a car load of friends and get the year off to a good start ^:)^

BTW, since Appleseed, there are no FIB's anymore O0 We have officialy combined the two states to form Wisinoise,  yes, even Chicago is included  ;)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Fox

I am a small mammal, kind of dog's cousin. Is known for quick mind and healthy humor (stupid rabbitses don't understand it). A target for some bad furbearer hunters. I shall come to one of WI (or neighbouring states if I feel like it) appleseeds on April 17th.
Big Brother don't need to know more, does he?

fepowered

Quote from: martin on February 07, 2010, 09:43:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome,
This is my first experience with both the 10/22 and the Garand. I've been both impressed and disappointed with the 10/22. For me I got a heavy barrelled one that shoots very good. They seem reliable and quite a deal for the money. ( and just plain fun!) But I'm kinda old school and have a tough time swallowing the fact they use plastic for the trigger housing and trigger.

Until I see a plastic trigger housing fail, I am not going to loose sleep over it... :cool2:
Garands are a beautiful piece of work, but .30-06 ammo is expensive and you can buy a 10/22 and doll it up for what you will pay just in center fire ammo for a weekend at Appleseed.  Everything you train and learn with a .22 applies directly to a center fire. O0
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Cheeser

Quote from: dragonfly on February 10, 2010, 11:33:50 AM
Hey Cheeser :cool2:, Welcome to the Appleseed forum and hope to see you in Lodi April 17 and 18 and in Shiocton June 5th and 6th. :--- :--- :--- or anywhere else you my want to attend an Appleseed.

D-fly  @)
Thanks for the welcome.  Signed up with a son for Lodi in April.  We'll see how badly I embarrass myself before signing up for Shiocton.  ^-^

How many are signed up for Lodi?

Cheeser   ..:..

Old Glory!

Cheeser,
22 for Lodi.  Still room for a few more.  Bring a friend.  Don't worry, you won't embarrass yourself cuz you've been dry-firing at home. ;)

OG