News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO October 14-15 2017

Started by 209Ken, October 16, 2017, 10:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

We had a full line at Bench Rest Rifle Club this weekend, and the range was in great shape as usual. Saturday's weather was like summer, warm in the upper 80's and plenty of sun.
We got started and when we tallied up the first redcoat of the weekend, Michael had cleared it!  :F  Once we went through the fundamentals and one AQT, we already had two shooters re-qualify. Troy with a 224 and Sarah with a 213!
Sunday's weather was breezy and cool with high temp of only 65, nice midwest autumn weather. We did some review and started cranking out the AQT's and we got 2 new riflemen. Jonas shot a 228 and Josh came in with a 211. Great shooting guys!
Also on Sunday, Russell finally took an Orange Hat! He is an excellent shooter and always has a great attitude. I'm looking forward to working with you.
Special thanks to Troop 661, you have a great group of young men and adult leaders. Welcome back anytime!
As usual, I really like to tell the story of the weekend with pictures so keep checking back. Also, if anyone has pictures or comments to share, please do so!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

What happens before shooters show up Saturday morning.

Instructor meeting

Welcome to Appleseed!

Pull and Post!

Working on prone postion

M-Dawg gives the first strike

Our Blue Hat, Suitcase demonstrating NPOA

Seated position

More history from M-Dawg

Group photo after a great day

Stay tuned for Sunday Pics...

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

Seems like that pink rifle shows up at every shoot!

Sara and Troy re-qualify with a 213 and a 224 respectively. Great shooting!

Jonas with a very impressive 228!

Rifleman Josh shoots a 211 - way to go!

Great group of youth shooters.

Russell takes an Orange Hat (finally), now it's time to get to work!

M-Dawg earns his Red Hat!

I can't even start to describe everything Judy does behind the scenes to keep the shoot running smoothly. Thank You!

Instructors