News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missoula, MT July 22-23, 2017

Started by peterlandsiedel, July 24, 2017, 02:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

This weekend proved to be a very special event for me. The Missoula deer creek range saw five shooters arrive to endure two days of shooting on a beautiful, albeit hot, Missoula summer weekend. I successfully roped four close friends of mine into attending, and Mike from Missoula's last shoot joined us as well. It was truly a pleasure spending the weekend with each of you and I want to thank each of you for finally succumbing to my repeated attempts to get you on the line.

Despite the heat, our shooters persisted throughout the weekend. We minted a new Rifleman on Sunday. Brian shot Rifleman on 4/5 AQTs on Sunday, with a high score of 231. Sunday saw Margaret and mike putting up scores in the high 180s low 190s.

Every shooter is well within striking distance of earning their rifleman patch. As a group, Kaiser and I think that everyone has a firm grasp of the NPOA concept and all of your positions look solid. Some dry fire trigger time will help smooth out that fifth step of squeeeeeezing the trigger. It would not surprise me to see Ari, Danika, Margaret, and Mike shoot Rifleman at their next shoot.

I want to thank Kaiser for coming out and instructing with me, and Paul for being a wonderful host and getting the range to host us again and again

Once more, it was truly pleasure spending the weekend with all of you, and I hope you enjoyed your time on the line and walked away feeling like you learned something both about marksmanship and early American history.