News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC at Home Range August 08/4-6/2017

Started by PHenry, July 22, 2017, 02:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

ATT: NC Cadre,
We have an three-day IBC coming up at the home range and I am looking for some info from the local BOTG in regards to what gear I need to bring / not bring. From past experience I am assuming I do not need to bring Ts and targets or backers, etc. However it takes a lot more than that to run a proper IBC. Here's a list - please chime in on what local cadre can bring:

IBC Gear list / BOTG
•   Legal pads and pencils for note taking
•   Shooting mats for mock Appleseeds (will be live fire on 25M range)
•   Boresight devices - one for every four students / groups if poss
•   Three portable squares targets on stands (I use Political signs and "H" mounts drilled into short section of 2x4 - can bring)
•   1907 sling on rifle
•   Six steps visual aids - one for every four students / groups (I bring one)
•   Dry erase board w/ easel and markers, eraser and alcohol (blackboard and chalk will do)
•   Event POIs for show and tell (I can send my latest for printing if u PM me with your email addy)
•   Promo materials to pass out - everyone gets some / no exceptions
•   Target backers with squares for IMC
•   KD handouts (I can send my latest for printing)
•   Miscellaneous rifles - likely to be encountered at events
•   KD target - full repair and kind we get now
•   Battle Road map
•   Banner

If I am omitting anything - please chime in. Sadly, I will be staying at a hotel in Siler City so not bringing much in the way of camping gear. I will likely bring a single burner butane stove and some food prep for lunch.
In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Pelon

PHenry,
If you come early and stay till dinner time at the campsite, I will feed you!  (for free)

Just let me know so I can plan my meals.

If anybody wants to join in for the meals let me know ASAP!  I will do breakfast Saturday and Sunday and dinner Saturday.  Usually a $5-7 donation is requested for each meal. (I promise you won't go hungry!)  Your all on your own for lunch!

PM me please!

The Wolfhound

I am hoping to be on site by midafternoon on Thursday.  I will be camping/hutting across the weekend.  If possible I will try to open the range for sight-ins Thursday afternoon/evening.  That might make Friday's KD go more smoothly.  I should be mostly independent on food.

PHenry

Pelom,
That sounds great. Sadly, old PHenry has some serious dietary annoyances that he be loathe to drop on others. If your planned menu has within it, something other than wheat, sugar (in any form), or beef - I would be honored to not take bread with you and others. I can also bring my own. A can of chili beans is good for any meal. Add some bacon and Kaboom!  ^-^

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Henry Foxall

Will be arriving mid-afternoon on Thursday. Hoping to get my rifle zeroed late on Sunday previous (end of the scheduled Appleseed) but might also take advantage of an opportunity that Thursday to verify. Staying in Asheboro with wife-unit, we are good on chow.

Looking forward to learning a LOT!  O0
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

The ship is sinking - bailers needed. Apply here!

Monkey

Quote from: Pelon on July 24, 2017, 05:45:30 PM
PHenry,
If you come early and stay till dinner time at the campsite, I will feed you!  (for free)

Just let me know so I can plan my meals.

If anybody wants to join in for the meals let me know ASAP!  I will do breakfast Saturday and Sunday and dinner Saturday.  Usually a $5-7 donation is requested for each meal. (I promise you won't go hungry!)  Your all on your own for lunch!

PM me please!

I'm in for Saturday and Sunday!  Sign me up!
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham