News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New State Coordinator in NC!

Started by Pain Killer, July 21, 2017, 08:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

Please welcome and congratulate Yankee Doodle as the new State Coordinator for Project Appleseed in NC! He is a great guy and well serviced by his military background to do a terrific job here in NC. Please make him feel welcome.

Thanks for stepping up!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

PHenry

Huzaaah! Many thanks for stepping up sir. Please let me know how I can be of assistance. I'm coming up to Rams in early August for the IBC. Hope u can make it.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ThePoet

I've had the pleasure of working with Yankee Doodle on several occasions.  He knows his stuff and will make a great State Coordinator.  Congratulations, Steve!  It is certainly well-deserved.

Texas T

Thanks for stepping forward. Your efforts will be appreciated.   :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

DrRichP

It is great to read Yankee Doodle will serve the mission and the great state of North Carolina as state coordinator! Thank you so much for filling this vital role.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Thaddeus

Congrats! Looking forward to working with you.

Yankee Doodle

Thanks all.  I only hope to do justice to the role and serve the mission faithfully here in NC, and as such, help the mission throughout the Republic.

Any guidance, coaching, ridiculing or cajoling that needs to be done to get me to do the things to make everyone successful, don't hesitate to fire at will.  I only hope and pray to find myself equal to the position with which I am honored.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Pelon

Congrats Steve!!!

You da man!!!  Now get to work!  ~~:)

Pelon

(hahaha  you know i'm kidding)  (and you know you still have to bring doughnuts to Charlotte in Sept, right?)

Yankee Doodle

Yep, I got the doughnuts.  lol.  ;D
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

PHenry

In my experience, one of the best ways to advance the mission is with new Venues. New venues always seem to draw well for the first few events. Low hanging fruit. New demographics, etc.

First you find a new range, then contact info for a member, then a meeting, followed by a signed agreement. I like to save travel by using Google Earth to see if a given range will work for our purposes.

If anyone knows of a potential range - let Yankee Doodle know so he can get his first notch cut!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata