News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sherrill, Iowa 15-16 July 2017

Started by IXOYE, July 16, 2017, 10:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a fantastic weekend at a beautiful range. Many thanks go out to Lyle for sharing his wonderful place with us. The weather was a little humid, but for mid July, it was refreshingly cool with temperatures in the mid 70's to low 80's. You couldn't ask for any better weather!

Attendance was a little low with only four shooters, but they were not lacking in spirit. Congratulations to Kurt for scoring rifleman at his first Appleseed with a roaring score of 230! Many kudos go out to Keitan who started out having never fired a rifle to shooting some pretty decent groups by the end of Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing you earn your rifleman patch at our next shoot. Bob and Clint demonstrated they have the perseverance to become rifleman as well. When I was starting to drag they kept on going. On top of that, Clint wore his pink Appleseed shirt with pride.

I really enjoyed working with everyone and very much look forward to seeing you all again on the Appleseed trail.

I'll post some pictures in the next day or two.

Rex
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Group Picture on Saturday

Clint proudly wearing his Pink shirt

Kurt shooting with iron sights

Kurt in seated

Keitan in seated

The mini-14 still makes a big bang!

I think we had all seated positions covered

Clint in prone

Love those Pink shirts

My tarp setup

Jeff looking over Clint's shoulder

Clint standing

Keitan standing

Kurt cleared his redcoat on Sunday morning

Kurt scored rifleman Sunday morning

Awarding Kurt his rifleman patch

Kurt with his patch and AQT

Awarding Keitan his Jr. Appleseed patch

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)