News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Granby, MA KD One-day May 27th 2017

Started by lupis42, May 29, 2017, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupis42

Full distance AQTs in Massachusetts!
:---

Steel out to 1000 yards!
:snipersmi

To my knowledge, this was the first time that MA has ever help an AQT at full distance, and we made the most of it.  Well, I say full distance, but we were actually working with berms at 177, 276, 367 and 425 yards, meaning that those AQTs were all extra-challenging.  Hopefully for our next shoot, we'll be able to figure out a better approach, as none of shooters was able to get their come-ups worked out for our novel distances in time to qualify.  Still a good day, and with steel approximating the Daniel Morgan shot, and more steel at 300, 600 and 1000 yards, all our shooters were able to push their skills out and get some experience doing the rifleman's dance, as well as getting a chance to get behind a spotting scope and learn how to give good feedback to their shooters as well. 

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

lupis42

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

Parallax

Shooting the AQT out to 425 yards was a rewarding experience. I've gained insight and experience that will be helpful for my preparation for a hopeful return to Granby.

AIM's Toyota Land Cruiser and his driving made it easy and fun to get out to the targets for scoring etc.

Thank you Lupis42 and aim for putting this event together!!

aim

A 4-minute full distance AQT! We absolutely must do this again. Soon.
Shiny!