News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Range in Lithia (Riverview area)?

Started by DrRichP, May 28, 2017, 08:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRichP

Hi Team FL,

I met with Richard, the owner of Shoot Shack in Lithia (i.e., Riverview/Brandon/FishHawk area) today. The owner is willing to host Appleseed at his range. He will need range fees of $25 per weekend. He'll make us a berm at 25m wide enough for 20 shooters.

Here's a review of the range: http://www.tattooedhomestead.com/2014/09/the-shoot-shack-is-little-old-place.html

Before I move forward with scheduling an event at this venue, I need to know if we have enough infrastructure (i.e., people) to support this as an Appleseed range. Will the $25 per weekend range fee be an issue? Is there enough interest in this area to reasonably fill the line and support bringing on another range?

If all of the above are affirmative, and the cadre can support the range, I was thinking September for a first date. Is that reasonable?

Let me know.

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

smoakingun

lotsa folks complain about 20 dollars in range fees.
even st augustine doesn't charge that
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

colonial shooter

20 bucks is still a bargain for this educational event. Need to sell it correctly.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Guntuckian

$25 is a little high, especially for youth.

For example, Hernando is $14/ day for adults, but children are $7 per day.

Clearwater is $20/weekend for adults, youth under 18 are free.

Would suggest trying to get a lower rate for youth, if possible.

Another issue is going to be the total number of attendees.  If it's only 4 or 5, typical, some range owners will start to balk, as it ties up their facilities for too little revenue.

Do they have KD range capabilities?

-- gb

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V