News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Memorial day activities

Started by Engineer shooting, May 26, 2017, 09:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Today walked the Green River Road thru the Cowpens National Park today. Tomorrow Kings Mountain National Park.  :F
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

scuzzy

Quote from: Engineer shooting on May 26, 2017, 09:38:18 PM
Today walked the Green River Road thru the Cowpens National Park today. Tomorrow Kings Mountain National Park.  :F

I remember reading about Cowpens. It was a book called 'A Hell of a Whipping.' Or something like that.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Engineer shooting

Quote from: scuzzy on May 27, 2017, 01:11:46 AM
Quote from: Engineer shooting on May 26, 2017, 09:38:18 PM

I remember reading about Cowpens. It was a book called 'A Hell of a Whipping.' Or something like that.

A fellow by the name of Daniel Morgan and the most lopsided victory by the Patriots.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Charles McKinley

A very fitting outing for the holiday.

Enjoy
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Engineer shooting

Battle of Kings Mountain

Major Ferguson was said to be the finest marksman in the English Army. Ferguson warned the Overmountain Men that if they didn't lay down their arms, he would "march his army over the mountains, hang their leaders, and lay waste the country with fire and sword."

On 7 October 1780, the Overmountain Men clashed with the Red Coated Tories during the Battle of Kings Mountain. The battle went badly for the Loyalists positioned high on the mountain ridge, and during the fighting, Ferguson was shot from his horse. I stood on the spot where Ferguson was hit by eight balls all at once.