News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI 20-21 May 2017

Started by Flying Ferret, May 26, 2017, 12:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Ferret

5 shooters showed up for the Known Distance event, one of whom drove all the way from Iowa to join us!

After some brief sighting in at 25 yards, we headed out to 300 yards for a modern take on Daniel Morgan's shingle.  Ours was a 16x16 steel square, with 3 out of 5 shooters making the shot.  We then squeezed in 1 AQT before the rain set upon us and we were forced to take a lunch break to wait out the storm.

Unfortunately, the rain, wind, and cold persisted for the rest of the day and our numbers were whittled down to 3 shooters.  Fortunately, those remaining 3 put their heads down and toughed out an additional 4 AQT's, leading to 2 qualifications! So....

Congrats to Chris W. and Ernie E. for qualifying as Known Distance Riflemen!

Sunday blessed us with far better weather, and we had 5 shooters show and stay for the whole day.  We mixed it up with AQT's, competitions with shooting steel (congrats again to Chris W for winning that one), some 500 yard fun.

Thanks to the shooters who toughed it out and pushed through while keeping great attitudes and maintaining safety!  Thanks to BrightSparc, Doc, and IronMike for making my job easy and keeping the show running.

Pics incoming...

Headspace

Flying Ferret.
You should also give a plug (or I guess I will) to BrightSparc who showed everyone how it's done by rocking it at 300 using an AK and a 4X scope. That was some impressive shooting!!

Headspace

I made a "thank you" post 10 minutes ago and it seems to have been lost in the ether. I will try again. Sorry if this ends up being a double post...

Great weekend.
Thanks again to our green, red, and orange hats for ignoring the weather and keeping us shooting.

As further proof that good shooting is mostly mental,
Myself and at least one other shooting hit our best scores Saturday afternoon while tired, wet, muddy, and cold. I have no good explanation for this but I guess that situation somehow clears the mind.

If anyone got some good photos, please post them here.

Headspace out.

Texas T

Congrats go out to Chris W. and Ernie E. Well Done. O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

motorcycleboy

Thanks to the instructors even an all day rain couldn't dampen my enthusiasm for this shoot. Constant improvement with the instructors attention to detail of fundamentals. All of the instructors personally helped me improve one technique or another. From Two Clicks low on "keeping both but cheeks on the ground" while sitting. Flying Ferret helping me keep my elbow straight below the rifle while prone and to bring the gun up higher and not crouch while standing. I improved in every position over the weekend. Iron Mikes advise on Saturday may have been the most important. "I don't think the heavy stuffs going to come down for quite a while" and "the good lord would never disrupt the best atq of your life". This stuff really kept us going.
  Where  else could you lay in a field all day during a rain storm for only $90   

motorcycleboy

Quote from: Headspace on May 26, 2017, 02:26:08 PM
Flying Ferret.
You should also give a plug (or I guess I will) to BrightSparc who showed everyone how it's done by rocking it at 300 using an AK and a 4X scope. That was some impressive shooting!!
I was even more impressed with the drop from standing, load magazine, release bolt, get on target hitting steel in 7.2 seconds.

motorcycleboy

I think I left my shooting mat in the parking lot. If anybody found it , please let me know.

Headspace

Flying Ferret

Having some trouble getting them to post... I'll try again tonight

Flying Ferret

Ok this worked I think, let me know if it didn't.  The album is on imgur accessible with the link below.

http://imgur.com/a/V4u7Y

Headspace