News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Project Patch

Started by Bazooka Man, April 21, 2017, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka Man

I know there are a number of nice Appleseed Patches available to those who qualify and some that are available at the AS store.  I have to  wonder why there is not an Appleseed Project Patch?   I have seen decals showing the Red Coat and Appleseed Project.  Wouldn't it  be nice to have an Appleseed Project patch that everyone could sew onto a shirt, coat, or other garment?  Maybe someone will direct this post to someone who could  make it happen. 

Appleseed is a great organization but it suffers greatly from a publicity standpoint.  It is very rare when I meet people at my home range who have ever heard of Appleseed Project. Maybe there should be an effort to have an Appleseed Project Poster of maybe even a flag made available to EVERY public/private shooting range.
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

Yankee Doodle

I think a patch and/o flag is a great idea.  A visible symbol to get folks asking the question.

I think one of the biggest things we can do as an organization from a PR standpoint is engaging range operators and owners and letting them drive a portion of the promotion for us.  Perhaps we can approach range operators and offer a free one day Appleseed demo for them and their staff (or instead of charging $ ask that in exchange for the demo they host at least 2 shoots in the next 12 months and advertise/promote those shoots).

Additionally, each of us should have a short "elevator speech" of what Appleseed is, our mission, and what we can offer the range in the way of both their traditional clientele as well as from a non traditional customer base (one misconception I know many of us have heard is that Appleseed in a children's program.  Rather than fight against that notion completely, we should try and leverage it to get more young folks and their mothers and fathers on the firing line.

One area I'm trying to get some cross-pollination is with the Sons of the American Revolution (I decend from a militiaman from the New Bern militia).  As chairman of my chapter's national event commemorating the Battle of Cowan's Ford, I'm working with Morpheus to get him up from Georgia as our keynote speaker to deliver Patrick Henry's "Liberty or Death!" Speech.

I suspect that we could present the Heritage portion at SAR/DAR events as LibertySeeds and get members and their families to in turn attend weekends.  Or even present the story to high schools as LibertySeeds.

Just throwing out additional ideas.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Bazooka Man

I think the Liberty patch is great! But it doesn't directly promote Appleseed. You don't interest people in a Ford by advertising Chevrolet.
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC

colonial shooter

Quote from: Aim Small Hit Small on June 10, 2017, 09:35:16 PM
I think the Liberty patch is great! But it doesn't directly promote Appleseed. You don't interest people in a Ford by advertising Chevrolet.

This is the RWVA oval... not the Liberty patch. I am in agreement that a Project Appleseed Patch is a good idea.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

DrRichP

The Appleseed logo patch is already underway. Please PM Thaddeus (in case he's not seen this thread), and he can let you know the schedule.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Bazooka Man

I was aware of the Appleseed Project Patch in the works. It will be a very popular item. Too bad it can't be purchased from the store except when purchasing the minimum dollar amount.
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC

DrRichP

Thanks Aim Small Hit Small.

When you wrote:

Quote from: Aim Small Hit Small on April 21, 2017, 12:13:31 AMI know there are a number of nice Appleseed Patches available to those who qualify and some that are available at the AS store.  I have to  wonder why there is not an Appleseed Project Patch?   I have seen decals showing the Red Coat and Appleseed Project.  Wouldn't it  be nice to have an Appleseed Project patch that everyone could sew onto a shirt, coat, or other garment?  Maybe someone will direct this post to someone who could  make it happen. 

Appleseed is a great organization but it suffers greatly from a publicity standpoint.  It is very rare when I meet people at my home range who have ever heard of Appleseed Project. Maybe there should be an effort to have an Appleseed Project Poster of maybe even a flag made available to EVERY public/private shooting range.

I thought you were requesting an Appleseed patch be made available for purchase. Your post didn't indicate you were already aware of the Appleseed Project Patch in the works. It also didn't indicate purchasing a minimum dollar amount was also an issue. I too have complained about the minimum dollar amount issue and it is beyond our control.

I am sure if you send Thaddeus a PM when the patches are available, he will work with you to get a patch without a minimum dollar amount order.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy