News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Byers CO shoot Apr 15-16, 2017

Started by AdobeWalls, April 17, 2017, 01:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdobeWalls

16 shooters registered through EventBrite, 12 were new to Appleseed, 11 showed up to shoot, 10 stayed through the weekend - though we might have lost a couple, blown away by strong wind Sunday.  :)  Two instructors and Applecore Bub worked the event, and it went really well. Scott scored Rifleman Sunday afternoon. Kyle earned a junior shooter patch. On Saturday morning's Redcoat, 6 shooters were effective at 100yds; by evening 3 were still shooting well at 100yds, 3 others had moved up to effective at 200yds. Most remarkably, Saturday evening 4 shooters hit Morgan's Shingle, and one cleared the entire Redcoat.
Did I mention wind? Chairs, targets, backers, jackets and lunchbags all took off for another county, and you could barely run 'em down. The locals said it was 20mph steadily half the day, gusting to 25mph, from the gear line towards the target line. BrassBucket Alice showed really effective improvisation at grounding airborne target backers, progressively armoring the target line. Whew!
With two instructors, we still managed to get some effective coaching done down on the shooting line. Some things that were really productive, according to shooter feedback: the magazine drill, the trigger reset drill, the NPOA laser practice rifle, the Rifleman's cadence drill, and the Redcoat game - there is nothing like the Redcoat game to get shooters sharp on prep and gunhandling skills. It is the ultimate Fumbling Eliminator! This was a great shoot in Buffalo Country. Photos will follow.

But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

AdobeWalls

Photos (not many, we were busy!)
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

Scottimus

Thank you for a great weekend shooting and coaching Richard and Alice.
Hope to see you guys again. Any chance of scheduling a KD shoot?

Scott

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Scottimus on April 19, 2017, 08:27:52 PM
Thank you for a great weekend shooting and coaching Richard and Alice.
Hope to see you guys again. Any chance of scheduling a KD shoot?

Scott

Consider Douglas, WY Rifleman Boot Camp June 4-9, 2017, a chance to score again and shoot KD, bring Sheeppuncher and camp at the KOA.  :F
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

BrassBucket

April 19th, 1775 Patches

For any of you who attended the shoot on April 15-16, considered by Appleseed as the "April 19th" shoot this year, I have very special patches available. One is a large circular patch with "The Shot Heard Round the World" commemorating the first shots fired in the American Revolutionary War; the other is an "April 19th, 1775" rocker. These are only available for the "April 19th" shoots each year so they are highly coveted!

Since I didn't have these available at the shoot, I am happy to mail them to each of you. If you are interested, please PM me your mailing address and the quantity needed.

It was a delight to work with such a great group of shooters. It really makes the weekend of hollering, sunburn, and hoarseness worth it when at the end of the day Sunday you all shake our hand and express your gratitude.

I hope to work with each of you again in the future!

Alice
BrassBucket
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Scottimus

Hey Alice,

Received the patches.  thank you.

Considering doing the boot camp week in Douglas in June.

Scott