News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Norman, OK (TCGC) April 15-16 2017

Started by Scarecrow, April 13, 2017, 03:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

After Action Report TriCityGunClub Norman Oklahoma April 15-16 2017

CReed271

Had a great time in Norman this weekend. This was my second Appleeed. Thanks to Will,Daniel ,David and Tomcat.  These guys have enough patience to teach card tricks to a dog. I'm living proof I shot 217 on last AQT. Thanks again gentlemen.   Chris Reed

cd45

This is my 3rd Appleseed, Will, Dan, Tom, and David really know their stuff. I finally made Rifleman. Great job guys.

WC5OU

This was my first Appleseed. Will, Dan, Tom and David were excellent instructors working with the pupils. David personally helped coach me on my NPOA which finally made it click. Qualified Expert on the first AQT on the second day,

The first morning briefing was kind of slow, BUT we crunched through the safety and basic range operations all at once to et it out of the way.

On to shooting. The first round was shooting at redcoat targets simming 100-400m shots. then after a complete day of instruction and shooting practice, we shot these same targets again. MAN i could see an improvement my marksmanship. Missed the first day AQT by 15.

The second day started out with a review and shooting the redcoat diagnostic target. Afterwards we circled and received a final review instruction with a kit if shooting that motning in the different positions and transitions fo4 the AQT. After a break, we shoot a Greencoa target review and then onto the AQT.

I shot pretty well on my AQT. one bad group but I was the first of the day to score EXPERT with a 212 (skin of m teeth, but it counts).

The history lessons over APR 17-20, 1775 were spread out beautifully throughout the instruction. I learned about things other than what I was told in school. They were able to keep it interesting and I learned a lot about the major players.

Overall I would give this class a 9.75/10. I would have loved to work on NPOA more, but that is just a suggestion.

Let us just say that I walked into class thinking i was a shooter and i walked out a marksman.

Vieja Loca

So close, and yet so far.... my third Appleseed, and only FOUR points away from expert :'( See you in October!
If you are not willing to fight for what is right, how can you expect others to fight for you?

Vieja Loca

More picsfrom Norman TCGC
If you are not willing to fight for what is right, how can you expect others to fight for you?

Vieja Loca

And even more....

WC5OU

Quote from: Vieja Loca on April 17, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
So close, and yet so far.... my third Appleseed, and only FOUR points away from expert :'( See you in October!

Next time load 10 rounds for stage 1  :)) :wb: ~~:) ;D :---

Vieja Loca

Scarecrow

An exceptional event. Well done everyone.  ..:..

A rifleman persists and the score follows.  :)

Rev.357

Vieja: Is 205 your personal best score ever? You shot high Sharpshooter. You can take any squirrel within a hundred yards with a headshot. You can shoot nuts out of trees. If you shoot your personal best enough times and you persist, you will reach your goal. Listen to Scarecrow.

In addition to being able to deal with squirrels and nuts, you have a great picture thingy and slogan.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

henschman

What a great bunch of shooters to hang out with all weekend!  The instruction was very well received, and we had 5 Riflemen out of 28.  Several others were very close, and will be there with just a little dry fire and repetition of the fundamentals they already know.  I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon on the firing line!
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Vieja Loca

:snipersmi 205 is my best score to date, missed it by THAT much! :bow:  Next October I am "shooting for 220 or better!!