News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Border Raiding in VA

Started by MikeCee, April 06, 2017, 08:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCee

I got quite the surprise a couple of weeks ago when FiremanBob showed up to shoot one of the CMP Rimfire Sporter Events at Berwyn Rod and Gun Club in Bowie, MD.

It's been a while since I've worked an event with Bob and it was nice to be able to catch up.

He mentioned that they could use some border raiders for some of their upcoming events, particularly those held at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA. They've got one scheduled on June 12-13 and it is already sold out!

Take a quick look via the TIPS page if you can: https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/preregs-and-instructors.php?qstate=VA&statename=Virginia
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

The Wolfhound

Let me be clear: BORDER RAIDERS ARE WELCOME!  Especially at NRA range as it is difficult to staff on weekday shoots.

Rev.357

OK Wolfhound, I might have to consider this an invitation. I took the NRA pistol coaching class with Larry Quandahl in WV. As it turns out I was an hour from the NRA museum. Instead of leaving after the class with a 3am ETA, I set out in the morning with a via headquarters and museum route. I saw the NRA range this way sign, and a lot of gorgeous country.

Keep up the good work.

BTW can you do something about those trollways that suck in rubes from out of state and won't let us escape.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

BeSwift

I HIGHLY encourage any vols to work an event at NRA HQ.. it's an experience in luxury (climate control, leather sofas, FULL classroom, etc)... And I promise you will pick up on some valuable skillsets working with FiremanBob.. he knows his stuff!    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations