News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Salcha Elementry School LibertySeed

Started by hogfamily, April 04, 2017, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

We have been invited to present a LibertySeed to the Salcha Elementary School. Date has not yet been set but it will be sometime prior to the end of the current school year.

We will also have the flag display, map display, a selection of Rev War books, and my families small display of replica Rev War firelocks, knives, hawk, cartridge box, and other accouterments. (The firelocks are not yet approved for the display. That decision should be made in a week or so).

This will be a L O N G all day activity.

The plan would be to leave Anchorage early the AM of the day of the event and return home later that afternoon / evening.

There will be about 75 regular school students and an ukn number of homeschool students and community members.

I believe this will be a great opportunity to "get our foot in the door" in the Fairbanks / North Pole areas.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

hogfamily

Due to unforeseen events, aka work schedules, It looks like I really could use some help with the Salcha LibertySeed.

I am NOT going to cancel this opportunity to LibertySeed in the Fairbanks area.

So Far it will be myself, and I will be drafting one maybe two of my boys to assist. I could really use another instructor, orange hat, blue hat, or no hat to assist with this. I will not turn down any help!
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

Taka222

What day of the week are you looking at? I can't really take any more time off work but if it's a weekend I might be able to come out.
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

hogfamily

Still working on a date.

It will be during school so it will be during the week.

Thanks!

ItsanSKS

In the unlikely event that the selected date coincides with my time off of work, I'll certainly help.  Keep us posted.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

FourFans

What he said ^^^^^^ Monday works best for me,,,, logistics?

--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

hogfamily

I don't have a date yet.

Maybe towards the end of school.  May?

hogfamily

Well that was good timing.

I just received an email from the Salcha School. It took them a while as they had to get permission from the Fairbanks North Star School District for the LibertySeed presentation.

They are officially inviting us to the Salcha Elementary School, make that the two Salcha Elementary schools, to do LibertySeed presentations.

The School district has given us permission to display the firelocks, knives, and hawks, (You might say lock, stock, and barrel), along with the LibertySeed presentations.

They are leaving the dates mostly up to us. It will need to be on school day(s).

We could possibly do this in one day.  A really long day. Meaning leave Anchorage very early AM,  do a presentation at each school, long drive back to Anchorage.

Another way would be to do the presentations in a combination of two days.

I was planning to take my two oldest boys in our RV, spend a night on either end and return to Anchorage.

Now with the help of some of you folks I'm sure we can figure something out.

I will try to find out dates that will work for them.

At this late notice about the only dates that I can do this is April 24- May 2. I think their last day of School is May 17 with the 15th being a half day.

If there are dates that some of the rest of you can do when I'm not available I will not be offended if the "show goes on without me".
I'm  just happy they want a LibertySeed.

I also suggested that we could also do the presentations next school year.

So there you have it. Please get back to me ASAP if you have any ideas.

hogfamily

An update!

I miss-understood about the two schools. It will be ONLY ONE school  this school year with the  possibility of the other 18 elementary schools in the next school year.

Dates that work well  for the Salcha Elementary School is Monday  May 15 or Tuesday May 16. Those are "short days" 0900 - 1400

Other possible dates are  April 25-May 2.

Ok gang please let me know!

ItsanSKS

I return from the slope on May 1st, and will be home through the 14th. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

hogfamily

The date for the Salcha School Liberty seed is most likely going to be Monday May 15th sometime between 0900 and 1400.

So it looks like Travis, possibly Joseph, and myself will be driving our RV to Salcha on Sunday the 14th.

hogfamily

It is final.

Salcha Elementary School May 15, 0900 - 1400.

FourFans, Joseph, Travis, and I will be driving the RV up on Sunday AM, spending the night in Salcha.

We will be returning after the presentations around 1500 - 1600.

After setting up the the flag & map stands, the firelock & c display, and Rev War book display we will be presenting a modified Three Strikes to the fourth through six graders.

After lunch the K through third graders will "tour" the flag stand and firelock &c display.

Local homeschoolers and the community have been invited.

AS Tri-folds and our current schedule will be available to participants.

Anyone wanting to help will be more than welcome!

Please PM or call 440-2651

Thanks!