News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field, FL March 25-26, 2017

Started by Engineer shooting, March 28, 2017, 02:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

With heavy rain forecast all weekend and no cover, luck prevailed all the rain occurred at night. Good safe shoot, Karen a first timer came close to scoring several times. Hugh came back and scored numerous times and went home with a new shiny Orange Hat.  O0

Chuck and Kim our new Shoot Bosses in training organized, set up and help run the event like professionals.  :F

We were awash with IITs that helped and shot to prove that they could walk the talk.  ..:..
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Chaos07

Great shoot with plenty of time to break in the new IIT's for which I learned plenty.   Looking forward to seeing folks again for another successful weekend in the future.    :snipersmi
Duane

In a Democracy, the majority rules.  If the majority decided they wanted your bike, the could take it.

In a Republic, your bike is your property and you do not owe it to anyone.  It cannot be taken against your will by law.

America is a Constitutional Republic.

Therefore, the Constitution is the law by which we are protected.

In a Republic, the individual is protected FROM the majority, by Constitutional Law.

A Constitutional Republic is what we were given.  It is up to US to KEEP it.

gunjunkie

Another great shoot at Hurlburt. With mostly overcast sky's, but no rain we were blessed with moderate temperatures.
I would like to thank Engineer Shooting, Lucky Lori, Adobe Walls and the many IIT's for all they do,the shoot couldn't happen without your hard work.
All the shooters showed marked improvement and all the instructors reinforced why they are instructors. I was impressed with Karen's determination, she wins most improved shooter in my book and I am confident she will leave her next Appleseed with her patch. I look forward to seeing you all back on the firing line in May.       
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

Another great, safe shoot!  The weather was awesome!!  Rain was forecasted, but only got a few drops.  Lot's of first timers - much persistence and improvement shown!  Karen amazed me with her progress - I have no doubt she will earn her rifleman patch soon!  Hugh joins the IIT troops - CONGRATS Hugh!  All the IIT's did a great job being Line Boss, RSOing and of course instructing the shooters!  Looking forward to seeing everyone back at Hurlburt in May!!

Thanks as always to Ken and Lori and Richard!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Lucky Lori

The shoot was great.   A full line of shooters.  All instructors got to shoot also.    The weekend  was safe,  fun,  and scores increased daily. The weather was interesting.  The sky always changed  and you  never knew  what it might bring,  but luckily it was  dry during the day.   Great job Karen for almost making score.   Everyone who came i hope to see back in May for the next Hurlburt  Shooting event. Bring some friends, we can always use more students. Practice what you learned and come back ready to score !  I enjoyed everyone.  All of the new iit's  did a great job helping run the event, thank you. Come on back in May also
Lucky Lori

AdobeWalls

Everybody's right, it was a fine safe shoot - whew! - and for all the reasons stated above.

Photos, beginning with prone position and steady hold factors, just for shooters' own reference.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

AdobeWalls

more photos
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

Hugh.Sutherland

Hurlburt Shooters and Staff,

Thanks again for making this an enjoyable event.  Teaching, coaching and mentoring were all in abundant supply.  I regret that I won't be able to be at the next shoot due to an upcoming back surgery, but I will be back probably in the fall or late summer if there is a shoot.  Perhaps by then I will be able to be of some assistance as an IIT.

Best Wishes to all,
Hugh

Dragon

What a great weekend.  This was my first Appleseed as an IIT and what a learning experience it was! Promoted to IIT 1 !  Looking forward to May shoot.  Thanks to our Shoot Boss and Shoot Bosses in training , the other instructors and IITs.