News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur 3-17 Boot Camp!

Started by Engineer shooting, March 28, 2017, 01:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Ramseur 3-17 boot camp received a 98.5% rating from the students.

All the boot campers got to shoot KD and 7 of 10 got the Long Distance patches. All but one camper left with either an Orange or Blue hat.

All the Instructors shot KD to show that they could walk the talk. The visiting Instructors shot KD with other people's rifles to show "comes time I need one there will plenty laying on the ground". Lucky Lori then took aim (with a borrowed rifle) at reduced size steel at 440 yards and rang it 10 out of 10. The other shooters declined the challenge to match that.

A special thank you to Pelon and Polonius for the range clean up and other improvements.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

woodstock16

Outstanding event!!  O0 A good time was had by all, great weather all week, super shooters abounded at 25m and KD. You missed all the fun on Friday (.50 cal flintlock at 240 on the KD range). Several would have qualified for Morgan's Riflemen with a bit of practice with double set triggers... :F Pictures inbound.
Ramseur 3-17 RBC - Rifleman & Long Range
Long Range 7-17- RwQual & Long Range - Talledaga
Calera 8-17 IBC
TALLEDEGA- REQUAL & LONG RANGE- 8-17
Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

Lucky Lori

What a great week. Those who camped on sight had a special bonus to get to know each other better and travel less and have more fun i think.  All  students learned a lot,  made much improvement and had a very teachable attitude . The week started slow but went faster as time went on . We had 30 - 82 degree weather but now rain  during the day which always helps . Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to clean up the camping area of leaves, dead decaying tree's and branches, and fixing the shower once again. It was deeply appreciated. Although there were not as many instructors as in the past helping everyone was well attended to and helped. Some said i was toooo helpful  and even mean, but i don't believe it . Thanks for everyone for another great week for me.
Lucky Lori

Dracomeister

Had a magnificant time and learned a bunch.  The Instructors were all Top-Notch and the shooters were all "Brothers in Arms". Looking forward to working the next one as an Instructor.

Ralph instructing Bill & Will on How to Load a (circa 1765) Flintlock.

Will trying out his 100 yard accuracy.

Stacy takes her best shot

My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Pelon

What a great time we had!!!    ^:)^

Everyone had a great time and we ate like kings!!!  I am proud to call everyone there that week my friend!  Hope to see you all again soon!