News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX March 18-19, 2017

Started by paul.rome, March 20, 2017, 11:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.rome

We had a good shoot at Waco with 13 shooters coming out.  The weather was outstanding for the two days (low 80's).

The skill levels of the shooters varied from experienced to brand new.  The inexperienced shooters showed great persistence and significant improvement.  Some of the shooters were knocking on the door of rifleman - maybe next time.

We appreciate Ragnar Delta for stepping up and accepting the orange hat.

Many thanks to NJRefuge, AF5US, RDJ, and Gunner01 for their excellent instruction.

Ragnar Delta

Thanks again to Paul and all of you for making me feel welcome and for all the help and pointers!

I am so happy to be a part of this and truly believe that Appleseed is the best shooting program out there. So very impressed. Looking forward to helping as much as possible and being a part of the team.

See you all in at the large shoot planned for May in Waco!

AF5US

Aw, you're going to make us blush  ::)

First of all - I've said this to you in person, but I second the special welcome to Ragnar Delta.  I've enjoyed talking with you at each of the two events we've met.

I also want to agree with what paul.rome said - some of those shooters were doing well.  It's no surprise that some of those same people didn't quite make it to rifleman on their first event - it's a challenging set of requirements.  One of those people that was close was a friend of mine that attended.  His good shots were good, but unfortunately he got excited (nervous) during the time limits & threw too many shots - killed his score.  We're already making plans to do some private practice, and he'll be back again with his son.

You know it's a strong program when the shooters come back for more!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

NJrefugee